Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOHAA Syntax Highlighting for Sublime Text

Lightbulb MOHAA Syntax Highlighting for Sublime Text

Syntax Definitions for MoH:AA scripting languages.
    GitHub Repository - PackageControl

The currently supported file types are:

• [✔] .scr Morpheus Script files. (Syntax Highlighting, Completions & Snippets.)
    • [✔] .st State files. (Syntax Highlighting.)
    • [✔] .shader Shader files. (Syntax Highlighting.)
    • [✔] .tik TIKI files. (Syntax Highlighting.)
    • [✔] .cfg Config files. (Syntax Highlighting, Completions.)
    • [✔] .urc Menu files. (Syntax Highlighting, Completions.)
    • [✔] .mus Music files. (Syntax Highlighting, Completions.)
    • [✔] .log Server log files. (Syntax Highlighting.)

Tooltips:
    This package contains tooltips for Morpheus built-in functions (Allied Assault, Spearhead, Breakthrough and Reborn Patch)

To show a tooltip with the info about a function just click it with the cursor

To disable the tooltips, go to: Preferences -> Package Settings -> MOHAA -> Settings
    and set "show_tooltips" to false (in the right side panel)

Installation

1. Download and install the latest version of Sublime Text here: sublimetext.com/download
    2. Once Sublime Text is installed, open it, go to the menu bar > Tools > Install Package Control...
    3. Open the command palette ([Ctrl]+[Shift]+[P] for Windows/Linux, [Cmd]+[Shift]+[P] for Mac)
    4. Search for Package Control: Install Package and hit [Enter]
    5. Type MOHAA and press [Enter] to install it.

And if you use Windows 10: .scr file association fix for Windows 10

Preview the Light & Dark themes included by default in Sublime Text

Screenshots
    Spoiler: Screenshots

tooltips

Morpheus Script

State Files

Shader Files

TIKI Files

Config Files

Menu Files

Music Files

Log Files

Spoiler: .

If you have never used Sublime Text, I highly recommend you to give it a try, it have a lot of useful addons and custom themes if you don't like the default one.

Comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Zappa; December 3rd, 2021 at 06:36 AM.

Noice, well done mate
    This is extremely useful.

Great Job Zappa! I like alot the theme and the syntax Highlighting! Im going to use the program

Updated the completions and added over 1200 functions from Allied Assault, Spearhead and Reborn.

So if you don't remember a command, like the "vector" functions, you can start typing and a window will pop up with all possible suggestions

Last edited by Zappa; April 20th, 2020 at 01:46 PM. Reason: new gif

port it to notepad++ or I will

Not sure how I missed this thread, but EXCELLENT job man! I am def stickying this! This is VERY handy for any modder. I agree with RyBack. If you can port this to Notepad++, that would be awesome! Also, if the theme available in a "light" version? I know some people prefer dark templates, but I actually prefer "light" templates. Perhaps, if there is a way to do the opposite of every color you know... I don't know if the colors are from a CSS or how they are generated, but basically if there is a simple way to do something like...
    if dark theme do this otherwise if light theme do the inverse of dark theme.

Anyway, nice job and thanks for the share!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Not sure how I missed this thread, but EXCELLENT job man! I am def stickying this! This is VERY handy for any modder. I agree with RyBack. If you can port this to Notepad++, that would be awesome! Also, if the theme available in a "light" version? I know some people prefer dark templates, but I actually prefer "light" templates. Perhaps, if there is a way to do the opposite of every color you know... I don't know if the colors are from a CSS or how they are generated, but basically if there is a simple way to do something like...
    if dark theme do this otherwise if light theme do the inverse of dark theme.

Anyway, nice job and thanks for the share!
    Sublime comes in dark out of the box, it'd need modifications but should be possible.

Thanks!

The default theme in Sublime is dark but it have others dark/light themes installed by default to choose (Menu -> Preferences -> ColorScheme)
    And there is a great variety of custom themes that you can choose from the package manager
    it also have a Notepad++ color scheme https://packagecontrol.io/packages/N...Color%20Scheme
    and here is a plugin to invert the current color scheme https://packagecontrol.io/packages/I...Color%20Scheme

I know there is a tool to convert syntaxes fromo Sublime Text to Atom and Visual Studio Code if someone is interested in using those editors.

and for sure i'll take a look into Notepad++, (i haven't used it since i met sublime)
    but i really recommend to try sublime, it's a very nice editor and have a lot of useful user-made plugins.

ok, i just saw the N++ docs and the way how the text is parsed is completely different from ST, but actually is easier to make a syntax highlighting from the scratch, so probably i'll post something soon

it seems sublime isn't free ?