Thread: GS Protector Enhancement : Simultaneous Packet Monitoring.

Default GS Protector Enhancement : Simultaneous Packet Monitoring.

Ay waddup.
    So there are no memos or place to save my ideas in the forum and I dont trust my memory so I made a thread.
    My main idea is: Instead of injecting/patching/hooking into the game. The packet monitoring would be done with libpcap/winpcap library and whenever a breach is found the rules(blocking) are applied via iptables/windows firewall. This way it is guaranteed that no lag whatsoever will happen to the server.
    Lag would happen only on heavily loaded network which is impossible in the case of mohaa.
    Do u agree ?
    Gimme your opinions ppl :*

Packet monitoring always will lag because he have to filter the packets like a hardware firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    Packet monitoring always will lag because he have to filter the packets like a hardware firewall.
    Lol dude did u read my post xD.

So ur scenario is only based on a server with 1 ore more MOH server. But for example our dedicated server runs multiple game server, if you would capture all traffic it will be nice the have full control over the network(like sep ports) but i think if you have about 5 different game servers(for example; cs go, cod4, moh, minecraft, ..) and the load is done on the same machine it might give some lag or am i wrong?

I dunno as i didn't try yet but if it lags, it would be way much more less lag than with the current implementation.

Oh BTW I'm planning to revive jotos legacy,

Last time i have try to contact him about the scaphost source code but he dont have respond to me yet...

I did too but he explained that it is not needed as the binaries are not protected.

Im available to help with something like this, but it would be more like this thread: http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...highlight=pcap
    Realtime pcap analyzing should be doable with todays CPU's. No hooking needed, just pure network analysis.

Aight incase i had free time (pointing at alphamac) It'll be c for sure then.