Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know how to regenerate the fonts mapping?

I guess 2015 modified fontgen.exe to generate muti-byte characters for some languages, there are Chinese versions but the official didn't generate enough characters. So I need that tools to regenerate the font mappings.

mmmmmf I'll see.
    did u try to search for mohaa download in Chinese ?
    I got the hang of it and knew how it works but it was very/impossible to make the current rendering system to support arabic.
    Do you know anything about Japanese or Korean?

I have Chinese editions MOHAA, both simplified and traditional version, the fonts images are multi pages, not like English, only one image. About 10 years ago I have tried some tools which can generate perfect Chinese characters font images, but no coordinate mapping files, so I couldn't combine the new font images into the game.

Japanese characters are very limited single symbols, each for 2 bytes, many single characters make the sentence. Korean characters are each made up by 2~4 symbols, each for 2 bytes, many made up characters make the sentence.

Chinese characters are over thousands single symbols, each for 2 bytes, but 1000 characters are enough for daily using, 3000 - 5000 for professional studies.

What's the difference between a character and a symbol O.o
    Also if Chinese mohaa exists what are u trying to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    Japanese: にほんご , 4 characters for example, each is a single symbol.

Korean: 한국어, 3 characters for example, the first character comprises 3 symbols, top left + top right + bottom; the second character comprises 3 symbols, top + middle + bottom; the third character comprises 2 symbols, left + right

Chinese: 汉语, 2 characters for example, each is a single symbol. Chinese is a little complex, most of time each symbol comprises sub-symbols which could have meanings.
    Last edited by SYCHN; October 29th, 2017 at 01:00 AM.

The Chinese EA official didn't generate enough Chinese characters, so it's hard to correct some translations errors. Though I could edit the font images to replace some characters, it was not a good way to resolve problem.

These were the EA China official generated font images, I replaced the font directly on the images because the official fonts were ugly.

These were the screenshots 14 years ago.

MOH_HH001.jpg

MOH_HH002.jpg

MOH_HH003.jpg
    Last edited by SYCHN; October 29th, 2017 at 02:03 AM.

In Chinese : can multiple symbols be in one character ? if yes would you need that in your case ?

In Chinese : can multiple symbols be in one character ? if yes would you need that in your case ?
    Most Chinese characters content several symbols, but a Chinese character is treated as a single one, not like Korean, the character is input piece by piece.

so u type one button on the keyboard for a full character?