Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Please!

Default Help Please!

Hi Peeps,

I am wondering if anyone can help me? and the clan i am in? S.O.S (sons of satan) clan

We are a clan of around 12-15 members daily dependant on who is in or available

The problem we have is we have 1 person coming in under a few names/alias

Hulk
    M.A.W LINDA
    and a few others

First of all he/she appears to be OK then accuses one of are member of hacking always random person

Then he says watch this and bans are own members! if we kick him using r'con or he gets kicked for high ping 10 second later the server crashes its like he has a script that crashes it

So in short we have now tolerated this for a year or so and we are getting no and losing members fast as the game we have all loved and supported for years! is now ruined!!

so i am posting here to see if anyone can point us in the right direction as to stopping this clown ruining are nightly game

Any help would be greatly appreciated

so far we have done such things as banning ip and ip ranges with game host and he obviously just goes thru a proxy and within minutes he is back in crashing us

Thanks

Vodka25

A few suggestions:

1: Change your RCON Password. - This is always a good first step when you think you've been compromised
    2: Add a private password to your server. Everybody who wants to play with you will need this password to play in your server. - This can be temporary. Normally after not being able to join for a week or two, people get tired of trying and stop bothering you. Add the following line to your server config:
    Code:
    seta password "whatever password people will use to join your server"
    3: Make sure Downloading is turned off on your server. - It is possible this person is simply downloading your server.cfg and using the RCON password inside to mess with your server. Add the following line to your server config:
    Code:
    seta sv_allowdownload 0
    4: Rename your server.cfg and run it from the startup line. If this person is managing to download your server.cfg file to obtain your RCON password, simply rename your server.cfg to something less-standard like lolmyconfigs.cfg and ask your host to edit the target of your MOHAA Server to load lolmyconfigs.cfg instead of server.cfg

Good luck, hopefully any of those simple fixes help..

Hi

we have tried doing all of the above apart from renaming the server.cfg file we will try that thanks!

The last time we set the password on the server he/she changed it and locked us all out are own server

we cant get are head round how he/she does it but we will try all of the above or all of them again and update you as to how we go on

Thanks

Vodka25

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

It seems to be like the person is getting ahold of your server.cfg and/or other configs which might hold server details.

Few more suggestions might be to also change your FTP password (get hoster to do this ) as this might also of been compromised.
    AS-well as all account details you have with the hoster.

Are you running Reborn? if so ensure it is the latest version.

What server are they attacking? i could not find it on the server browser.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

u need to run reborn patch or else every baby can crash it, u can download it from here http://www.x-null.net/forums/forumdi...1-12-RC3-Patch
    u probably need to ask your host to upload the patch.

Thanks guys i will pass the info on to server admin and hope we get a result i will post back either way and thanks for the support and replies

Thanks
    Vodka25
    Last edited by vodka25; August 3rd, 2016 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo

Did Reborn fix the allowdownload?
    But like they said get reborn and add this to the server.cfg
    seta sv_allowDownload "0"

EDIT: oops didnt see splatterguts post...
    Last edited by STAY2THELEFT; August 3rd, 2016 at 06:13 PM.

Hi i have had a pm off NANLINDA2002

saying they dont cheat etc ??

Please read i have not accused anyone of cheating or hacking i said this person uses aliases such as and quoted a few names

I meant no offence by my post all i was doing was describing my issue and seeing if anyone else had had the same

Linda and Hulk, the two names you mentioned above, are not cheaters - but someone is using their name on our server. This is unfortunate, but I'm sure if you explain it to her this way she will understand

I would like to thank everyone for there replies i think we are now running the latest reborn patch as we now show in the reborn server

บบ_S.O.S_บบ UK Freeze.Tag Server

and touch wood we have had no more crashes as yet

And we nightly have new players joining and playing

Thank you to everyone's replies and help

vodka25