Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOHAA map database

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Cool! I've got another project in mind. New server browser, or do you add it to scapp?

yup, that is planned for the scapp-client and will be the main feature of it, serverbrowser, server lists for all games supported and rcon.

Hi Thanks again!!! JoTo for looking at this, know busy with other projects.

Happy shooting

Cheers
    Heatsinkbod

(Jon)

KILL em ALL and then KILL em ALL again!!

http://www.MOHAAAA.co.uk/AAAA/

A little Preview, the core functionality is missing at this moment though, please check out screenies and let me know your thoughts.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Sweeeet!
    You did a lot of good job on this! Seems like your scapp will be unstoppable!

Will be there and admin tool for uploading maps?

Cool OMG

Well OMG that looks awesome JoTo

You have covered all the aspects we chatted about, ratings, comments, link, author, map type

Didn't think you would get chance to work on it so soon!!!

I know I will have a lot of work populating it with Descriptions and screen shots, but I am shore I can get a few together to help with the entry's.

Will it be possible to create moderator user groups so trusted members can populate it with the screen shots and descriptions ?

Happy shooting

Cheers
    Heatsinkbod

(Jon)

KILL em ALL and then KILL em ALL again!!

http://www.MOHAAAA.co.uk/AAAA/

Last edited by heatsinkbod; December 4th, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

The complete functionality will take some time, but I will start with the essential first - get a list of maps/mods and download + install them, that shouldn't take that long.
    It should contain an admin section, and the possibility for users to interact, so that they can upload content, screenies, user feedback. But that has to be partly php based and makes the thing complex so that will take some time before I will have it in.

Wow, this looks amazing. You did an awesome job man!

Quote Originally Posted by heatsinkbod View Post
    I know I will have a lot of work populating it with Descriptions and screen shots, but I am shore I can get a few together to help with the entry's.

Will it be possible to create moderator user groups so trusted members can populate it with the screen shots and descriptions ?
    The concept works like this at the moment:
    Users are downloading and install the tool. The tool will distinguish between users + registered users + users with admin privileges.
    users can view content (maps etc.) and download + install.
    registered users (simple registration by email) can additionaly post comments + vote + add screenshots + add resources + edit resources.
    users with admin privileges can delete resources (maps, screens, comments etc.) + confirm user actions

All things that users add or modify (except votes) will first go into a special folder/section on the server and is archived there.
    users with admin privileges can call a list of the things added or edited and can check them + confirm them (also with this tool). Stuff that is confirmed goes into the live system.

For adding or editing resources there is an extra window in this tool for it, e.g. with a tool that directly reads .tga images (mohaa format) and prepares them directly - no need for extra tools.

Ok cheers JoTo - that sounds great ))))