Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basic TEMPLATE for using rcon to issue command on players

Neither of those are working. The "say" and "iprintln" lines aren't showing up either, double.

Even just a simple script like this one isn't doing anything

main:
    if(level.mod_run)
    end
    level.mod_run = 1
    local.result = registerev "servercommand" global/servercommandhandler.scr::servercommand
    end

servercommand local.player local.command local.args:
    if (local.command == "callvote")
    {
    local.text = (local.command + " " + local.args)
    local.player stufftext local.text
    }

if (local.command == "map") {
    local.text = (local.command + " " + local.args)
    wait 3
    stuffsrv local.text
    }
    end

Found it...

I had this in another script,

if(level.mod_run)
    end
    level.mod_run = 1

So the whole script wasn't working. All is well now, thanks everyone for your help. I appreciate it.

Edit:

Now that this works, how would I go about using the scmd event to enact a "punishment" (like posted about on the first page) or any command on another player? PE, you posted about converting your RCON tool to use the SCMD event, does your tool do things like moving players to a different team or forcing screenshots? I understand those things can be done with a stufftext command, but I'm not sure how to get another player to "input" that stufftext command. Right now I'm using Jim's Punishment Tool and would do something like rcon !0 jointeam:allies to move a player to allies. With this event, I don't know how I would go about entering the client number to enact a specific chain of events on a client (hopefully that makes sense).

Again, I'm just trying to understand this as there's really no documentation on the subject. I'll publish a nicer looking RCON tool to AAAA once it's all done for the world to download and learn from :P
    Last edited by [cB]SplatterGuts; May 19th, 2016 at 08:49 PM.