Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOHAA for Ubuntu Linux

Default Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Quote Originally Posted by sponday View Post
    what is problem?
    Okay, i found the script to run the game from terminal. Now i encountered different problem:

18294 files in pk3 files
    execing default.cfg
    execing menu.cfg
    couldn't exec newconfig.cfg
    Config: unnamedsoldier.cfg
    STUB: wtf in unix/linux_general_extras.c line 95.
    STUB: wtf in unix/linux_general_extras.c line 101.
    execing configs/unnamedsoldier.cfg
    couldn't exec localized.cfg
    execing autoexec.cfg
    Unknown command "fov"
    couldn't exec custom.cfg
    You are now setup for easy mode.
    ----- Client Initialization -----
    Called FadeSound with: 0.000000
    ----- Initializing Renderer ----
    ----- R_Init -----
    ...loading libGL.so: SDL: SDL_GL_LoadLibrary() failed! rc == (-1).
    SDL_GetError() reports "Could not load OpenGL library".
    failed
    ...loading libMesaVoodooGL.so.3.1: SDL: SDL_GL_LoadLibrary() failed! rc == (-1).
    SDL_GetError() reports "Could not load OpenGL library".
    failed
    ASSERT: [qcommon/common.c:406] GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem
    (fyi)
    ----- CL_Shutdown -----
    -----------------------
    Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

i'm running on Ubuntu 16.04.1 on 2008 macbook 4.1

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (primary) (rev 03)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (secondary) (rev 03)

found this: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1938619

suggested doin this:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri xserver-xorg-core

still not working

Which version of Ubuntu?

By the way, MOHAA doesn't work on certain built-in Intel graphics chipsets since they didn't support older versions of OpenGL (this applies to both Windows and Linux). This could be your problem, and if it is, there is no work-around other than to get a system with a proper video card (AMD/ATI or Nvidia). Sorry, but Intel messed this one up big time.

For more information, see here:

http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...-i7-Processors

The above link only has a possible hackish solution for Windows though.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

i downloaded and tried this on my laptop, works great except for audio issues easymeat was talking about, i did have to modify the install script for arch based (pacman -S foo), but all in all it runs really nice.

maybe you guys could come up with a solution to detect if the distribution uses apt-get or pacman.

i'm going to use the full installer with wine and see if it is any better, but i think there should also be a readme file for everything included in the download, all in all i give the linux version a 7 for being very playable, but then again i sometimes play muted anyway lol

Glad it worked. Yes, it would be nice to support all of the Linux distros... maybe one day.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

So i tried this download and it all ran. Then when you go to launch the mohaa directory it creates there are no files in it :| I have a copy of mohaa on the windows drive i can copy over but it doesn't have a mohaa_lnx in it.

What ya trying to do lil? This bash script no longer works and community driven installers are competing only on sucking and unusability levels.

To run mohaa on linux you simply install it with wine, download nvidia linux driver if you have nvidia card, add this to wine registry: http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=44390 - then run game with: __GL_ExtensionStringVersion=17700 wine my_mohaa_path. Although I personally edited just lnk shortcut of mohaa on my desktop to not write this shiz every time.

If you have other card than nvidia you download drivers for it and run game with MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR=2002 wine my_mohaa_path.

source i always had been using: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=20507
    Last edited by Criminal; August 2nd, 2020 at 10:03 AM.
    Github - Steam - .Crimewavez#5285

Quote Originally Posted by Criminal View Post
    If you have other card than nvidia you download drivers for it and run game with MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR=2002 wine my_mohaa_path.

source i always had been using: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=20507
    THis is all gibberish to me. I don't understand WINE. Lol i get the game to launch but thats all it does then it crashes.
    Last edited by LilChefDeath; August 2nd, 2020 at 12:19 PM.

OK, so you decided to go safe OS way, if you don't want to leave your windows programs you need wine. Wine is compatibility layer used to run windows programs under linux, adobe suite, office suite, you name it, wine probably can run it with more or less "hacks". Wine installations are contained in so-called wine prefix, which is in most cases hidden directory in your home.

Download yourself from thepiratebay or other friendly software distributor MOHAA Warchest Edition from GOG, or buy it, then install wine with sudo apt-get install wine. After you are done with installation go to your download process and launch setup.exe of warchest edition, normally it executes .exe through wine automatically, but it may be needed to go into properties -> launch/open with -> wine. You will go now through standard mohaa installation.

Now magic begins - Nvidia Graphic cards:

- You need to install nvidia linux driver for you graphic card or you will be kept at crashing screen forever, google suggests that on cinnamon sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall is the easiest and least painfull way to go, but there is also traditional sudo apt-get install --install-recommends nvidia-driver-440 way. I'm not sure though if nvidia-driver-440 is latest, you will need to do your research and check what driver is right for your GPU. After installation of driver you should reboot your system.

- After reboot, download that file: http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=44390 - and open your terminal, type wine regedit . Window will pop-up, choose import option and import file you have just downloaded.

- Now you are ready to play, open terminal or cd to your mohaa location in wine prefix, and type __GL_ExtensionStringVersion=17700 wine C://Path_to_your_install. Althought as I mentioned there will be shortcuts created to game and its extensions on your desktop, you can open them with Kate, Nano or Whatever and I think under exec line add that glExtension bullshit before wine C://Path_to_your_install and save, so you don't have to type that for your whole life in terminal to launch 2002 game.

I dunno how to explain it in easier way, if you decided to go linux you have to do a lot of research anyway, getting familliar with filesystem and how some things work and whatnot.
    Github - Steam - .Crimewavez#5285

@LilChefDeath:: You can play MOHAA either by:

1. Running Wine compatibility layer on Linux and run native windows programs including MOHAA.exe (Adds a layer)

OR

2. Run MOHAA using its ported client files for linux (Serious sound issues and mouse locking)
    You can download from below.

OR

3. Run MOHAA in Windows.

I've experience with all three and I assure you that nothing beats MOHAA on Windows (Ive no Mac experience). My primary OS is also Ubuntu but I've made all my systems dual boot. You can also do the same. So whenever you want to play MOHAA, reboot your machine into Windows and enjoy.

If you want to test all three options, go ahead and knock yourself. But when it comes to actual gaming experience go for Windows based MOHAA.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by anspectrum; August 3rd, 2020 at 03:32 AM.