Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOHAA for Ubuntu Linux

Default MOHAA for Ubuntu Linux

Here's a bash script that will download and install MOHAA Revival Edition for Ubuntu Linux. There are a few video glitches and sound issues, but it works OK. There are occasional crashes when changing options, but the game runs smoothly for the most part. It obviously runs better on Windows, but at least there is a native Linux option.

This script should work on Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 16.04, 18.04, 20.04, & 22.04.

To run the script, open a terminal window, and paste the following:

cd ~/Downloads
    wget -N "http://mymoh.tk/files/moh_revival_linux.tar.gz"
    tar xvfz moh_revival_linux.tar.gz
    sudo bash moh_revival_linux2.sh

Answer the prompts, and you're done! There's a new desktop shortcut to MOHAA.

If the game crashes when quitting the game or when adjusting options, switch to a virtual terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F2. Login as the user running MOHAA, and run the following script to stop the game:

bash ~/scripts/kill_mohaa.sh

Switch back to the GUI X session by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F7.

It appears to crash due to sound issues. This could possibly run better on Arch Linux since they support OSS sound which the game on Linux was designed to use. Alsa has a wrapper, but it's not as good as using the old sound system Linux used to rely on before everyone switched to alsa.

The script will also help you install graphics drivers, if you haven't yet installed them on your own yet.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

I always wondered if the sound issues was due to mohaa sounds a wav files and if converting then to a linux based sound file would help? But then I didn't know if the sounds were in the bsp's or from scr files so I never messed with them. But this makes me want to install ubuntu on my extra HDD to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by easymeat View Post
    I always wondered if the sound issues was due to mohaa sounds a wav files and if converting then to a linux based sound file would help? But then I didn't know if the sounds were in the bsp's or from scr files so I never messed with them. But this makes me want to install ubuntu on my extra HDD to see how it goes.
    Wav files are fine in Linux. The issues are probably OSS sound related. Yeah, if you could test it, that would be great.

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

This still a good link? I keep getting this
    please select the version of Revival Edition to download and install [full/minimal]? full
    --2016-03-18 17:20:16--
    => ‘mohrevival.zip’

Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
    ==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
    ==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD (1) /MOH_REVIVAL ... done.
    ==> SIZE MOH_REVIVAL_V2.zip ... 2965186138
    ==> PASV ... couldn't connect: Connection timed out
    Retrying.

Removed the address... don't want bots to get it directly.

I fixed it. Try now. Stupid wget.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

ok got it downloaded ( 4 hours on my crappy connection...lol ) and it installed but when I click the short cut terminal opens and shut real quick and nothing happens after that but I'm running ubuntu 15.4 64 bit. that I haven't updated yet so that may be it. Next Ill dl Arch Linux and install that too. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok got it working in ubuntu 15.04 64 bit works as it should so far sounds not heard are foot steps and doors opening. Didn't work before because I'm stupid....never restarted computer after install Upgrading system to 15.10 now to see if it still works after up grade. It said it was going to remove some out dated files when it up grades so not sure if they have anything to do with the games files.

Ok still works with up dated ubuntu 15.1 Next i''l see if I can get some sounds for doors foot steps and explosions to work.

well I tried a few things to get the sounds not playing to work, at first I thought I had it but seems like the longer the game plays the lower the volume gets, like foot steps, go out T1 on v2 and run down catwalk and before you get to T3 sound of foot steps was low again.
    As I posted on MRU the sounds are there if you use cinmatic you can hear them they are just really low. Going to install Arch linux today see how it goes.( own-em-all said Arch Linux since they support OSS sound ) so I'll give it a try. The n on MRU I saw this post http://www.mohcentral.net/index.php?topic=3422.0 say's in airbourne he couldn't hear foot steps don't know if it relates but it's something to look at.
    Sorry friends, totally forgot to let you know I "solved" the problem. I initially set the sound quality to surround or 5.1 as I do for every game and got no footsteps. But as soon as I changed it to 2.1 ( or 2 speakers, I don't remember and too lazy to start the game to verify ) I got a marvelous surround sound with my footsteps. Funny isn't it

Thanks for testing this script. Note, the script is intended for Debian based Linux operating systems. The commands to install Alsa-OSS support will only work in Ubuntu / Debian flavored Linux distributions. In Arch, I believe this script can download the game for you, but you'll need to configure OSS support manually following their guide.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers