Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: moh_spearhead_server.exe modifications

Well Ryback, I understood.

I will forget this project... Only for pro.

Davens did a good job, but some functions more... would have been perfect!

Thanks guys.

U don't have to, but it's just a long way, that's all.

Hi again,
    Sorry for reopening this thread...

I know Reborn is only for AA, but I never knew why it was not developed for SH...

Future versions will be for SH-BT...??

Thanks.

A quote from James:

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hi again,
    Unfortunately that's a mystery till RR comes back one day...
    We compile it using Visual Studios. Atleast that's what I use. I believe Leyok wrote a tutorial on here a while back explaining how to compile through *nix... The issue with *nix is that there are so many different "flavors" of the OS and they have different libraries so you'll have to play around with it a bit. Basically what we do is reverse engineer the gaming engine. In other words, we open up the binary in an application like ollydbg or IDA. Then we go through and create detours in the code to call out to the function as we need. Ideally, if we had the full source code to our disposal we wouldn't need the "hackish" ways of calling the functions via detours, but since that's not the case we basically had to rewrite it so that we can call the functions we have appropriately.

I mentioned this before, but I'll say it once more on here... The reason that SH, and BT are more difficult to reverse is because we (the mohaa community) lucked out with MOHAA. I say that because when Icculus was working on porting the original game to *nix, he accidentally released the binary with all the exports. This made it much easier to reverse engineer the game. When he ported SH and BT, he didn't release the exports so even though the game isn't much different, the functions could still have slight changes which would throw the structure off..

Thanks DK.

A very stupid question from me:
    Can I find the SH binaries in somewhere?