Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: {^V^} Guardian's World Of Pain) {^V^} - 8.6.77.133

I'm all for blacklisting this server.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

I believe it to be a repeat offender, that's why I bring it up. I noticed, as I seem to be the current object of his anger. Please investigate for yourselves and form your own conclusions.

He's definitely guilty, but some people on this forum act like a black list is a bad thing... not when it involves black listing bad people.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

I don't think blacklisting is a bad thing, but I just think that it needs to be controlled.. In other words have a system in place that basically let's everyone have a chance to redeem themselves, and if they continue to be a offender, then they will just continue being blacklisted.... Basically they are in control of whether or not they are blacklisted so they can't blame anyone else for being "judgemental, or taking it out on them personally, or whatever..." In other words a fair trial!

Well I'm all for blacklisting. If they haven't changed in a week or 2 weeks.. continue to blacklist. If they complain, then give them a week or something to be nonstop without bots.. and remove them from the blacklist until they continue again.
    This person is a repeat offender, just like that GZ.. so they definitely deserve the blacklist until proven to have stopped.

Given the circumstances, I want to distance myself from the decision and that's why I asked folks to go look at the raw data themselves and form their own decision independently as to if they are still running fake players. I'm sure the folks here have the expertise to determine empirically if what is alleged is accurate.

That being said, we've discussed this blacklisting topic in general terms before. ISTR the consensus was some type of criteria that never blacklisted someone literally, but could effectively be a blacklist *depending on the ongoing actions of the target*. In other words, soon as they comply with the rules they get reinstated. I think the issue is the implementation...

If its implemented via automated means, then there will always be ways to "game the system" via automation and the metrics used would be pretty easy to determine.

If its implemented via manual means, then someone (I assume own3mall) has an awfully big time-burden to continually re-investigate fresh data on all the targets. Given the current 'fake player' methods I'm seeing used, the timing of the data collection (manually) for compliance has to be very frequent to catch it. This seems to me a little much to ask of someone.

I don't have an answer, maybe a hybrid. But hopefully food for thought or discussion....

Best,

T
    Last edited by Todesengel; July 25th, 2018 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling error that changed meaning

Maybe forcing suspected servers to provide rcon for a few days to be automatically watched via some script would be nice.
    This way no one will be "oppressed".

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don't think blacklisting is a bad thing, but I just think that it needs to be controlled.. In other words have a system in place that basically let's everyone have a chance to redeem themselves, and if they continue to be a offender, then they will just continue being blacklisted.... Basically they are in control of whether or not they are blacklisted so they can't blame anyone else for being "judgemental, or taking it out on them personally, or whatever..." In other words a fair trial!

There or no clear rules and no one even tells any one there black listed for years my server has been attacked by you all not once did any one offer to help me I learned by trail and error even now I don't know every thing never will I may not be as smart as you all but I have put countless hours into my server and we will get by if you do this again.
    It's your list you can pick and choose what servers have players and not but there is no Justice if you black list my server again with out even as much as going there just not right.
    I could say more but whats the point can't win fighting with God Complexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian2018 View Post
    There or no clear rules and no one even tells any one there black listed for years my server has been attacked by you all not once did any one offer to help me I learned by trail and error even now I don't know every thing never will I may not be as smart as you all but I have put countless hours into my server and we will get by if you do this again.
    It's your list you can pick and choose what servers have players and not but there is no Justice if you black list my server again with out even as much as going there just not right.
    I could say more but whats the point can't win fighting with God Complexes.
    Well, there are a few things to note here.
    1- Your server doesn't suddenly support players staying inside for countless hours. The default mohaa settings must be altered for such thing to happen.
    2- Nobody here brags about being smart. This forum is dedicated for helping other mohaa players/modders/servers owners or anyone generally interested.
    3- We don't pick "what servers have players and not", blacklisting exists to keep it fair and clean between all the servers.
    4- What kind of a server owner does not notice his server missing from the list for "years".

This is not much of a feud/argument. It's just clarification.

For future people who may have issues like blacklisting, "Sorry won't do it again" and removing the fake players would be the best thing to do.
    Last edited by RyBack; July 26th, 2018 at 03:56 AM.