Thread: Protection against reverse engineering?

Default Protection against reverse engineering?

HI.
    AFAIK there is no 100% safe way to make the source code of any app hidden. It is compiled into assembly which can be :
    1. Made harder to understand for reverse engineers.
    2. Deny known RE tools from reading it . Which is also a part of no 1.
    Now how can I do that ?

There are many ways to obfuscate, encrypt, pack, virtualize code, but in the end, it's only a matter of time before it can get bypassed and exploited.
    Think of it this way... If you can get your hands on it, then it can get tampered with.... If it's out of your reach it's significantly tougher to tamper with, but still not impossible because data needs to be transmitted somehow so people can do it through packets or network analyzation.

EDIT:
    Easiest\quickest way to make your code as secure as you can with little to no effort is using a tool like Themida or WinLicense

http://www.oreans.com/themida.php
    http://www.oreans.com/winlicense.php

Ehm. Sounds embarrassing but a free way is what I'm searching for lol. If I had that amount of money I would've bought along time ago lol.

Well if you're looking at free options, unless you create some sort of custom encryption otherwise you can use packing tools like UPX, XOR encryption... something along those lines, but those are easily bypassed.

Security and encryption has forever been a topic that is constantly being challenged because there is no such thing as 100% secure.

Well I'm looking for something that nooks can't touch. Though I doubt a real reverse engineer would want to touch the prog. But thanks for letting me know where should I aim at.
    If anyone knows other/better free tools spit it out. It'd be considered as a help for moh community.

What program is it?

Good question, But I prefer to make it a surprise