Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: server set-up

Default server set-up

Hello folk,

Some of you have offered help to set-up my (ViTi) server. Probably tomorrow I will be able to play around with it so let me start gathering info. I am going to use the 1.12 patch + ckr realism + the customs maps. I do not know if I need anything else. I do know that I want to keep things as basic as possible. What would be my step by step to-do list? Any further recommendations or tips much appreciated.

Btw, should I just grab the realism mod from clanbase?

Thanking you.

Ah, maybe the thread should be moved as it's not specifically 1.12 related.
    Last edited by briqz; October 3rd, 2010 at 09:46 AM.

League / Affiliates Representant <Shifty's Avatar

Hope this will help you:

1: server.cfg <-- you will have a default server.cfg edit this so you have your type of game ( Team match, death match, etc), rconpassword, you want any private slots ?
    also it's smart to put all the settings for the patch in here

2: ckr realisme mod 1.1 <-- you could get this from clanbase but there are many other places where you can download this, in the mod you will find all the weapons.tik files (if i can remember correctly) you can edit for example how many grenades people get and you can set the ammo of shotguns and bazooka's to 0 so those weapons can't be used

3: Install the custom maps, make sure that if you want to use any of the custom maps the names of the maps are the same as in the server.cfg

3: Fixes, there are many bugs in the game, make sure you have an shark fixes, nade crash fix etc (this is already included in the patch i believe)

3: Install the patch, edit you admin.ini, put all the .cfg's in your main, the slauncher and patch_ver.dll (if windows) in your base folder, etc

4: get yourself an admin tool for your announcments ( i recommend scapp-host )

5: go in your server and test everything, if everything is as you want it to be your done
    HAVE FUN !!

If you want something explained in more detail you can send me a pm or just post it

server.cfg <-- here is my server.cfg you can use it as an example
    As finishing touch god created the Dutch

I can help you set it up, I have my server from ViTi as well, and you can actually place Realism and Mapfix 2.4 (and also St.Lo & Renan) directly from ViTi itself on the server, within 2 sec.
    I myself always make 1 pk3 for my server (with all mods that I use in it, so that the mods won't clash with each other).

Though if you want to use it for CB then that won't be a good idea if they ask for rcon path, if it's just public then it might be a big plus.
    I have already a file with all the fixes and mods (also anti-cham!) for a public AW server.

Just tell me what kind of server you want (Public V2 AW right?) and I can set everything up for you, also the server config.
    And as an autokick program I recommend scapp-host as well. I could always run it for your server if you want to.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Newest patch has all fixes included (no mapfixes yet)

Thanks all.

@Shadow, I am going to try setting it up by myself. Part of the fun ey Haven't heard from ViTi yet probably because I paid them on Saturday and they didn't get the money yet. Hopefully.. I'll post back when I run into trouble. Oh, where do I find this scapp host? Google gives 0 results. What am I missing here?
    Last edited by briqz; October 4th, 2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling, so ugly

Thanks bud.

The guide is not clear for this beginner. Razo mentions in step 3 of installation to copy the files from base folder to the server's base mohaa folder. Is that: patch_ver.dll, patch_ver.so and slauncher only? Also mohaa base folder is simply the mohaa folder?

Step 4: do I need to do this when I will use scapp host? If I do need them they will simply execute once everything is done?

Step 5: executing slauncher from my computer will complete the job?

ViTi gives me the option to install mapfix2.4. Sounds like a good idea but is it?

Tip: If it's still neccessary I would add in this installation guide whether the uk/us 1.11 is needed. Info seems a bit scattered for people who have no knowledge about what to do.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

We are preparing online documentation with newbie friendly guides and explanations. Yes, mohaa base folder is just mohaa folder. I called it like that so ppl don't mix it with main folder.

Basically, after unpacking .rar file. There is a folder structure that helps you to find out what should go where.

files from .rar/main/ folder go to mohaa /main/ folder etc.

And about the mapfix, mapfixes are currently not implemented in the patch, they do not cause any problems with the patch either. (Have been running mapfix 2.4 since the more early beta's of the patch).
    So it's safe to place them in your main

ProMod contains mapfix 2.4, appreciated if u like to test it (its early stage though).

scapp-host is basically independent from the patch, but with the Import-Export mask you can synchronise some of the .cfg files that come along with the patch. For example you add an IP ban ingame, then you can select the ipfilter.cfg and import the bans to scapp-host, it will only import those who are new. In scapp-host you can then add additional information. Works also the other side round, you can export all your IP bans in scapp-host to this ipfilter.cfg file for the patch.