Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown client game command: stufftext

Default Unknown client game command: stufftext

Hi,

When I enter my server and spawn, I am getting this message in console over and over again rapidly like 1 second after another:

Code:
    Unknown client game command: stufftext
    This does not happen when I play in other servers. Also, when I change the property of my unnamedsolider.cfg file to read-only, I see in console the following message repeatedly:

Code:
    couldn't write to unnamedsolider.cfg file
    The qconsole.log file has nothing related to this message.

Any ideas why this is happening in my server?

Thanks.

Corrupted exe ? Perhaps reborn is not installed correctly on the remote server ?

hmm I did make sure to install the right exe files for the reborn patch. I am sure of it.

Double check your cgamex86.dll file and the exe. stufftext is a valid command, unless you hexed it or something, which is what would cause that error. Also if you're running custom scripts, try putting in some pauses in between so it doesn't cause lag.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephVonGoogle View Post
    This does not happen when I play in other servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Double check your cgamex86.dll file and the exe. stufftext is a valid command, unless you hexed it or something, which is what would cause that error. Also if you're running custom scripts, try putting in some pauses in between so it doesn't cause lag.
    I doubt he has an edited mohaa exe.

Yes, I didn't edit any of the patch files. Here is the odd thing. I removed my all pk3 mods from the main folder and now I only saw one "unknown command: stufftext" line in the console, but when I put back the pk3 mod in the main folder it went back to repeatedly showing that message. I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

I see in console the following message repeatedly couldn't write to unnamedsolider.cfg file that should only happen if some thing on server ( or your game folders ) is trying to change a cvar I think. Is server rented or on your computer? logfile on computer or rented server? What /how many other mods you have running?

Are you running a Windows or *nix server?
    If you run into any problems, try running the one we provide. It's configured right after download all you need to do is extract the files and configure the server.cfg as you please.

http://www.x-null.net/forums/forumdi...th-3-5-1-Patch

yeah because if it's a rented server and they install reborn a lot of them never update their copy...lol

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

This is a client side problem, not the server.
    On the mod pk3 you have, you must have a mod that stuff texts a bunch of commands to the clients has they join, very common old method to catch cheaters by stufftexting alias onto the players unnamed solider.cfg.

Basically end result is that you do not have a stock mohaa.exe file on YOUR side. This can happen if you downloaded the game from the internet, and some no-cd patch can include this.
    There is no legitimate reasons to disable stuff text on the client side, i only see this happen when players are cheating. Reborn has a feature that checks to ensure clients have not disabled stuff text and will kick them as a result.

To fix your problem, just download a stock mohaa.exe file from somewhere else and check again.
    OR
    Hex edit your current mohaa.exe to allow stuff text, most of the time the hex edited mohaa.exe would change 1 or 2 letters of the command to make it un recognisable to the game and it spits out the no valid command

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive