Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compiling OpenMOHAA

Default Compiling OpenMOHAA

Hey,

I think it would be great to have more developers into OpenMoHAA, this is why I'm starting this thread.

Before starting, check this thread, you will need an account in order to access the Gitlab.

Required tools for Win32 :
    Either Visual Studio 2008, 2012 or 2013.

Required tools for NIX (I used Ubuntu x86 in this case) :
    Eclipse. (run sudo apt-get install default-jre if you cannot launche Eclipse).
    Git : sudo apt-get install git
    OpenGL: sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa-dev freeglut3-dev mesa-common-dev
    OpenAL: sudo apt-get install libopenal1 libopenal-dev
    ALUT: sudo apt-get install libalut0 libalut-dev

Git synchronization :
    Once everything is installed, create a directory named "openmohaa" or anything else, and create a repository using Git.
    Synchronize the directory by using git pull with the remote url https://github.com/openmoh/omoh1.
    Then everything from the repository should be there.

Opening projects using Win32 :
    If you are using Visual Studio 2008, open misc/msvc8/openmohaa/openmohaa.sln.
    Otherwise if you are using Visual Studio 2012 or 2013, open misc/msvc12_13/openmohaa/openmohaa.sln.
    You can now compile the solution, all libs are included as well as FLEX/Bison and OpenGL32.lib is shipped with Visual Studio so it shouldn't break.
    NOTE: Visual Studio 2012 users have to set the platform toolset to v110 ( http://zupimages.net/up/15/33/oy5q.png ).

Opening projects using NIX :
    When starting Eclipse, set the workspace path to misc/nix and then when importing using an existing workspace, set the path to misc/nix.
    All projects should appear and you should be able to compile them.
    NOTE: If OpenMoHAA fails on loading a library, rename the specific built library to the requested one. For example it may ask you for gamex86opm.so, rename fgameded.so to gamex86opm.so.

You can make change to the whole project by commiting and then synchronize by using git push.
    NOTE: If a file is added in a project, it must be also added in different versions of the project.
    NOTE2: Currently, only Visual Studio 2013 will be able to build projects.

If you have any error let me know, I followed the Win32 instructions in a virtual machine and it compiled successfully, I guess it should compile in NIX too.

http://zupimages.net/up/15/33/5azg.png : Running OpenMoHAA on a MoHAA server with the OpenMoHAA's game dll, in Ubuntu x86.

Check this to see what's new with OpenMoHAA.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

So what's still unfinished?

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    So what's still unfinished?
    To sum up, the dll game code will only require Actor and Vehicles.
    + I added a small bot implementation called PlayerBot, they use the MoHAA pathing systems (check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJC0rWokuBU for an example) and act as a normal client.

The dedicated server executable needs to fix issues with collision, requires alias implementation (for sounds), needs SV_DeepTrace implementation (required get a location id when tracing to a skeletor, used with weapons) and localization support (I guess this isn't needed server-side because the client already localize strings).

Client-side will need to have an enhancement in the UI/Renderer/tiki.

Also we could ask Ritual to get the full FAKK2's source (I doubt that's possible anyway), we only have game and cgame, if we get the full source we would have full TIKI/UI/Renderer support.

And what's missing in TIKI/UI/Renderer? From what I've seen on screenshots, models and tiki data is being loaded properly, or am I mistaken?

UI shouldn't be hard to rewrite. What about renderer?

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    And what's missing in TIKI/UI/Renderer? From what I've seen on screenshots, models and tiki data is being loaded properly, or am I mistaken?

UI shouldn't be hard to rewrite. What about renderer?
    About the TIKI, the models doesn't look good ( http://zupimages.net/up/15/34/zikf.png the legs ). MoHAA has full TIKI support in C++, we only have TIKI support in C.
    The UI should also be rewritten in C++, there are so much to remake, I already finished most of the class header from the extracted mohaa_lnx debug version, so we only have to reverse the code.
    As for renderer, the light isn't the same as MoHAA, the fog too. The texture quality doesn't look good too.

For cgame, there aren't much things that needs to be redone, we have F.A.K.K 2 already, which contains some features such as emitters & temp models.

Also, do you think the source should remain private ? I'm not sure if it's allowed to change the license. I actually don't want people to grab the source and make modifications on their own (even though that's what I did for OpenMoHAA).

About models' legs - I think it's an issue with SKD/SKC parser/loader that doesn't connect vertexes properly. I would try to take a look into some 3D plugins thats support MoHAA models, and try to reverse them to get proper code.

Since there has been a lot of talk about expanding the OpenMOHAA project, we decided to go public with this. Leyok has done an incredible job with expanding from where wombat left off, and if anyone is interested in taking part of this project, feel free to get your hands dirty. Ley0k will take lead on this and all code that you commit through git will be checked to make sure it won't affect anything that is currently stable and functioning.

If someone wants to participate in the project, feel free to submit a patch and ask.
    The project is very advanced server-side, it will only require a good TIKI implementation, Actors and Vehicles.

Is it still only for vs2013 ?

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    Is it still only for vs2013 ?
    It works with vs2012, you will need to change the platform toolset to v110 (I may try with a new fresh VM install again to see if it compiles correctly).
    I haven't updated the vs2010/Eclipse projects, as I did lot of changes since.