Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Server not showing up ingame

Default Server not showing up ingame

I have been helping to get the Spearhead [OTD] server 68.232.166.184:12203 to show up in game. I have registered it at mohaarevival.tk and it shows up there. It shows up at Game Trackers, HLSW other browsers but not in game.

Game servers have replaced the Linux files again and port 12203. They have a second server in same location, ports same, config same and it shows up fine.

My server is Reds Box and did not have this problem.

Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl_Killalot View Post
    I have been helping to get the Spearhead [OTD] server 68.232.166.184:12203 to show up in game. I have registered it at mohaarevival.tk and it shows up there. It shows up at Game Trackers, HLSW other browsers but not in game.

Game servers have replaced the Linux files again and port 12203. They have a second server in same location, ports same, config same and it shows up fine.

My server is Reds Box and did not have this problem.

Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Hmmm, I did a manual resync from mohaaservers.tk on the master server. I see your server showing up in-game now in Spearhead. Please confirm?
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Yes, it is showing up. Thank You!!

Killalot

Excellent. Glad I could help.

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

We have requested a SH server some days ago and show good on the Query launcher but ingame browser dont show...

I think we have the same problem as the Killalot, someone could restart the master server to fix the problem please?

And yesterday i was looking on the list of mohaaservers.tk and i have see alot of servers dead like 101 so the list needs a cleanup aswell.

The master server should sync automatically at 1AM MST every day. Does it show up in the list yet?

What's your server's IP address?

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

The server is on IP 109.70.148.92:12228

I have look today and is still the same problem.

I dont know if is the problem of the executable because im using Davens patch and i only have put the masterserver on the variable:

Code:
    set sv_master1 "master.x-null.net"

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    The server is on IP 109.70.148.92:12228
    Your server's query port cannot be determined by mohaaservers.tk. It is listed in the database, but the query port is empty which means it will not show up in the master server. I would recommend that @heatsinkbod stop all mohaa servers and then start them in order of smallest port to largest port on the server. So, stop all servers. Once all servers have been stopped, start each server one by one starting from port 12203. This should ensure that the query port will be plus 97 from the host port.

It's complicated, but unfortunately, I believe the master server still has a bug. Maybe I can try to track it down at some point (when I get back from a month long vacation out of the country). Server executables patched with the gamespy fixer utility still do not show up in the master server list (may not apply to Reborn patched AA servers... however, it does appear to affect Spearhead and Breakthrough severs possibly... not 100% sure... need to do some more digging). For some reason, these patched servers are most likely sending the information to the master server, but due to a bug, they are not added successfully. I believe each server sends its query port along with the IP address and port to the master server. But, a bug in the master server is preventing the addition of servers. This is why mohaaservers.tk is used to add servers. However, it's not perfect either, as it may not be able to determine the query port of all added servers. The query port follows no known pattern. mohaaservers.tk runs a complicated script with multi-threading that attempts to identify the query port. Unfortunately, it would be impracticable to scan every single possible port. Normally, the query port is +97 from the host port, but that usually only holds true when a few servers run on the same IP address. When multiple moh servers run on the same IP address, you run into problems with the query port.

Instead of changing cvars in the server configuration for the master server, the best way to make sure the new master server is used is to use the "Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer" to patch ANY existing server binary. It patches client and server binaries. However, this may not do any good either because of the bug mentioned above... but if I can get that fixed, this would be the solution. Using "Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer", you can patch custom binaries that you've found on the internet such as those including anti-crash fixes along with reborn binaries itself. "Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer" doesn't care what server binary you use... it will patch it.

The reason why fixing the master server is so difficult for me is because Razor wrote it, and he fully understands the GameSpy protocol whereas I do NOT. However, I have fixed other bugs in it before that were mainly minor logic bugs which still broke functionality. I'm guessing this is probably the problem in this case again too, so I will try to fix it if I can.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

The masterserver dont use the variable net_qport to query the server?

And if i put the net_qport as the same of the port we connect 12228 could fixit?

Im going to use the fixer for now if you manage to fix the masterserver i will return back to the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    The masterserver dont use the variable net_qport to query the server?

And if i put the net_qport as the same of the port we connect 12228 could fixit?

Im going to use the fixer for now if you manage to fix the masterserver i will return back to the patch.
    The same port cannot be used. Where did you find net_qport? Is this a cvar or something?

YOUR game server has to tell the master server the correct information. Unfortunately, this appears to be the part that is not working in some cases due to a bug in the master server. The master server is correctly providing the server list to players.

You can try setting net_qport to +97 from host port, which is the default... but still, not sure where you found that setting or if it even works.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers