Thread: Oh My Disapoinment

Default Oh My Disapoinment

I Just Noticed. This Patch Is Only For Mohaa Isn't It . Not Spearhead. It Was Too Good To Be True. My Server Is Being Crashed Repeatedly By A Jerk. Sometimes He Does It Before He Even Enters The Server. Oh The Pain., Oh Well. Great Job To All Involved. Let Me Know Please If It Ever Gets To Spearhead. Thanks All !

League / Affiliates Representant <Shifty's Avatar

Spearhead is not as popular as Mohaa and mohaa has a lot more problems than spearhead (as far as i know).
    but maby after a while someone will try to make this patch for Spearhead.

My Server Is Being Crashed Repeatedly By A Jerk. Sometimes He Does It Before He Even Enters The Server.
    and you can't find any fixes for this ?? i'm sure there will be something
    try to look at modtheater.com, FPSadmin, or medalofhonor.filefront

Ps: Why Do You Write Every Word With A Capital ??
    it's a bit annoying :P
    Last edited by <Shifty; October 1st, 2010 at 07:10 AM.
    As finishing touch god created the Dutch

hi soup_nazi,

That is correct, this patch is currently only for MOHAA. As mentioned above by Shifty, mohaa has alot more issues than spearhead. Now alot of the hacks could have easily been ported to SH, but they never were. I guess people got lazy, which is certainly not a concern. Either case as mentioned there are far less exploits in SH.
    As far as wallhacks, SH has a semi decent protection against it already and wallhacks only appear when the enemy is almost next to you.
    landsharking is MUCH harder to accomplish, even though it is still not prevented
    aimbot... not even sure any exist for the game.
    The only REAL big issues I see in SH are left to no recoil hacks and STWH as well as you mentioned the crashes.
    As far as the crashes are concerned, the engines are very similar so I wouldn't be surprised if you took our pk3 fixes and modified them a bit so it would work for Spearhead and that should resolve many of the crashes.
    Also since it seems the server crashes before the user connects, it seems as if he's doing it remotely, and my guess is he's using one of Luigi's tools. With that said Luigi also releases many fixes already for these games so maybe you can try looking into that.

As far as this patch is concerned, I already brought the idea up to razo about getting it ported to SH. I don't see it a problem, however before we even attempt to do this we want to make sure that the patch is running as stable as possible on MOHAA first. This is because we don't want to make it harder for ourselves to release to editions of the patch with the same issues and then recode everything. I hope this makes sense.

If you can give me any information or logs about how your server is crashing, I can try taking a look. I will also need the Spearhead binaries (gamex,cgamex dll's, and the ded server mohsh.exe files. There will also be a file similar to "system86.dll" I'll need this as well).

Thanks and I hope this clears it up.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Visit modtheater,com and look for Daven posts. He released a lot of fixes for SH (also for crashes)

Thanks So Much For The Info. Your Very Kind To Help So Much. Sorry For The Caped First Letters. Its Just Kinda My Thing. Sorry For The Agg. Thanks Again!