Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Server is for low ping only

Default Server is for low ping only

Hi there, I have a server with MarksMod and everytime I install the 1.12 patch, it sais that the server is for low ping only and connection is timed out. Also, I figured out that if I let the 1.11 patch instead, everything is ok. What could be the problem ? I'm tired of searching and getting headaches because of that, and request your help please.

Thanks guys.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Hey

Try settings sv_maxping to 999 in your server.cfg
    set sv_maxping 999

This is a common error and is found on numerous posts.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Beat me to it lol, I was just about to post a link to the thread where you told Viper that

The problem is that this setting's on my server.cfg and is set to 999 as well as sv_minping 0 .....

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Type sv_maxping and sv_minping into server console, tell us the results.

Nvm, my bad, it was set to 600 in another .cfg -.- now it's working. Thanks

when u install reboprn patch u will have 2 cfg files.. the old server.cfg and the new rebornserver.cfg guess you where messign in server.cfg instead of the reborn one... had that 100 times allready

... seems that I got the problem again, and the settings set to the right thing. Any guess ?

Hmmmm. Well just to be sure double check your server.cfg and reborn.cfg. I personally have everything in server.cfg, including reborn settings, and renamed reborn.cfg to zzreborn.cfg to avoid it being loaded by name. Maybe try that as well? Haven't had this problem so I can't be sure, to be honest. Just make sure anything in reborn.cfg is in sever.cfg before rename, restart server and test. Also check for duplicate lines. It may be set somewhere where you havent noticed it as well?

Or am I wrong in assuming changing the name keeps reborn from calling that cfg?

I put it the most simple way it could be, and it doesn't work ... still got the problem...