Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PHP help

Banned

its not a php issue;
    because.....its working how it was designed...highlight a word ...check..thats how it is support to work.

When its copied...its copying the format..Im quite surprised editplus keeps that formatting.

Which brings me to; the browser? why is the browser copying it some tag code?
    i cant reproduce this..
    jquery to remove it, sure...but that was its design initially.

@Elgan,
    I don't mean to sound ignorant, but Elgan, you're confusing the hell out of me. I still have no idea what IDE's, text editors, browsers, and Operating systems have anything to do with how the backend of the highlighting function works.

Yes, I get what you mean, vb wrote a function that highlights words, and it does this.
    xcode is a 3rd party plugin that requires additional catering so that it is also compatible with the highlighter (which is what I'm currently trying to figure out how to do, but I'm not sure how..), but it has nothing to do with anything I'm running on my system or lack thereof. That's why I'm confused. haha

When its copied...its copying the format..Im quite surprised editplus keeps that formatting.
    What's copied? When I say copy, I mean manually copy. You're copying what's displayed on screen. This is all fine and working.

Which brings me to; the browser? why is the browser copying it some tag code?
    i cant reproduce this..
    jquery to remove it, sure...but that was its design initially.

Look at the 2 images I posted.
    The first one shows the page normally without highlighting the second with highlighting.
    In blue you see the URL with the ?highlighting=targetname suffix
    In red you see the embedded code that it's appending additional code to the original code when it's highlighting.

@Own3mall,
    Thanks for the code snippits, but I couldn't get it working. I'll try playing with it some more when I have additional time, unless you want to give it a shot haha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Jquery isnt even working for me here in the console.
    Dunno if it's because of the version..

I see u use 1.7.2, maybe u could use 2.1.3 or 2.1.4?

That jQuery script will work for your sample, but I also ran into jQuery not working after saving the web page in my browser. I had to add the latest jQuery script to the head of the page before my script worked.

And that's weird because it says you are running jQuery.... but it kept telling me $() is not a function and jQuery is undefined until I added the script tag for jquery to the head.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Indeed, but still if you look in the network tab u see that jQuery 1.4.2 and 1.7.2 is loaded. Weird..

Here is a fallback script James:
    HTML Code:
    <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.4/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script>if (!window.jQuery) { document.write('<script src="/path/to/your/jquery"><\/script>'); }</script>

Do I add this in the vbulletin php or the main xcode core php?

Banned

OH I SEEE
    its because it was displaying ok for me;
    dude just remove the highlighting code then?

Well I'm glad we're on the same page now at the very least. lmao.

Banned

dude just remove the function........done

removing it is easy, but I think the highlighting could still be useful lol