Thread: How to get a (new) game server added?

Default How to get a (new) game server added?

Until now I never really had to bother about adding a server to the xNull master server,
    mine was just there.

I noticed that the new servers I have created yesterday (on two different machines and
    locations) are not added to the master server. One of them is MoHAA, one is Spearhead.

The servers are added onto mohaaservers.tk, but I don't know if that is of any help.

How does the addition of a game server work, technically spoken? Is there an API to
    make sure a new server is added? Is mohaaservers.tk synced with the master server?

I read in another post here that you are syncing with qtracker as well. Is that still true?

Thanks for your reply!

Syncing with mohaaservers.tk and qTracker occurs every day at 1 AM Mountain Standard Time. Servers added to mohaaservers.tk will only sync if our scripts can detect the query port (usually the host port + 97) of your Medal of Honor server. The query port is not the same as the host port. Knowing the query port for Medal of Honor servers is a must, as the in-game browser uses it to render the server list. Unfortunately, the query port is random, and despite my best abilities, some server's query ports will not be detected from the scripts running at mohaaservers.tk.

Your best bet if that happens is to follow these instructions:

http://uhost4free.com/gamespy.htm#servershowingame

Using the server binaries linked above should make your server send a valid heartbeat packet to the Reborn master server which will include your server's true query port. Only then will the server show up in-game.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by own3mall View Post
    Syncing with mohaaservers.tk and qTracker occurs every day at 1 AM Mountain Standard Time. Servers added to mohaaservers.tk will only sync if our scripts can detect the query port (usually the host port + 97) of your Medal of Honor server. The query port is not the same as the host port. Knowing the query port for Medal of Honor servers is a must, as the in-game browser uses it to render the server list. Unfortunately, the query port is random, and despite my best abilities, some server's query ports will not be detected from the scripts running at mohaaservers.tk.

Your best bet if that happens is to follow these instructions:

http://uhost4free.com/gamespy.htm#servershowingame

Hey own3mall, thanks for replying. I am working with the other guy that has recently contact you,
    so we have the same problem.

I think we have an issue with our firewalls. Our provider has a firewall and we have a Windows
    firewall.

So far the provider firewall blocks everything eccept 12203-12218 UDP. Should we open something
    else for you? 12300 UDP?

About the Windows firewall: I allowed the "exe" file in the advanced firewall settings. This should
    basically allow the necessary port. Or should I open it manually as well?

Yes, you must unblock / port forward common query ports. I would port forward 12300 through 12400 to be safe.

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by own3mall View Post
    Yes, you must unblock / port forward common query ports. I would port forward 12300 through 12400 to be safe.
    The port is open on the provider's firewall. Can we somehow check if it's working?

EDIT: Technically, are you always just making requests from "209.105.228.101"?
    Or are other servers querying the game servers? I could make sure connections
    from your Master Server always come through.
    Last edited by modderTMT; March 22nd, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

It's safer to resolve our domain name. You would faster know if everything is working if you just patched the server binaries, because this way your mohaa server directly pings masterserver, and masterserver directly checks your server, and you should get your server on the list in max 5-10min.

Just an update for anyone having problems with a particular Medal of Honor server not showing up in the master server list.

The first thing you need to do is download, install, and run the server binaries from http://uhost4free.com/gamespy.htm#servershowingame if you want a painless experience. If you want to run custom unpatched binaries, you have a few options:

• Patch your custom server binaries using Game Server Browser Fixer (supports server and client binaries). To do this, you need to download the patcher utility, download the binaries from your mohaa server to your local computer, browse to the local folder where these binaries are stored, and patch them using the utility. Then, you need to reupload and overwrite the existing binaries on the server with the patched binaries.
    • Add your server to mohaaservers.tk

Servers added to the mohaaservers.tk database will sync with the Reborn Master Server at 1AM MST. Servers added before then will not show up until the next sync. Servers offline longer than 7 days are removed from the mohaaservers.tk database. This means that if your server is offline longer than 7 days, it will be removed completely from the mohaaservers.tk database. If your server binaries are not patched to use the Reborn Master Server, your server will no longer show up in any list. You can re-add it anytime at mohaaservers.tk when you're ready to relaunch the same server. It should then sync back into the Reborn Master Server as well.

I hope this clears up some confusion.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers