Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The MoH:AA 1.12 Reborn Project is looking for Supporters and Moderators.

Default The MoH:AA 1.12 Reborn Project is looking for Supporters and Moderators.

The MoH:AA 1.12 Reborn Project is looking for supporters for the upcoming releases of the Patch 1.12

Your job will be to support admins and server owners with installing the patch on their servers, doing consultary work and being a contact person for clans, admins and server owners.
    Requirements for this job are having good computer and mohaa knowledge, having administration experience, you know how to setup a moh server and you are familiar with installing either the patch on windows or linux machines or both.

Support request searchers will give you during the installation full remote access to their servers (teamviewer or remote view, putty, ftp), which means that you are a trustworthy, reliable, friendly and serious person, and english language is no problem for you ( and / or you can communicate in the language of the server owner).

The MoH:AA 1.12 Reborn Project is looking for moderators

Your job will be to help with moderating the xNull forums, helping with reorganzizing the forums, tagging threads and helping in building up a FAQ for users.
    Requirements for this job are having good computer and mohaa knowledge, you know about the patch, you are able to work in a team and you do have the nescessary communication skills in english language.

These jobs are voluntary and unpaid, but your work will be honoured and respected.

If you are interested and motivated please respond in this thread or write to an administrator.
    Send your short application for the moderator position to Razo[R]apid. Please include some information about you, your motivation and skills.

Warning ! If you are an ugly kid / an adult with kids mentality / a one-day hero - no brain but big mouth - this is not for you ! - there are other nice games, please move on and look here: http://www.tetris.com

I've send Razo a pm

p.s.

Quote Originally Posted by JoTo View Post
    Warning ! If you are an ugly kid
    You might want to rephrase this, people who do not think highly of their own looks might get offended :P

League / Affiliates Representant <Shifty's Avatar

which means that you are a trustworthy, reliable, friendly and serious person
    how do you know someone is trustworthy and reliable when you can only base your judgement on the information from the person's profile page ? I mean, my profile page says im from the netherlands, 16 years old etc but I could easly be a russian spie trying to hack servers to get information for an attack on the U.S.A :P

will the patch be so difficult to install the patch that you guys have to do something like this ??:P

there are other nice games, please move on and look here: http://www.tetris.com]
    Lol i like tetris :P i play it on my calculator during school sometimes xD

anyway i'm sure there will be lots of people dying to become a moderator.
    As finishing touch god created the Dutch

Well for starters, many individuals are known from clanbase, modtheater & other websites where they gain a certain amount of respect that way based on mods they released in the past, helping out people or other similar tasks they've accomplished.

I guess you really don't know who to trust until you give them a shot. Either case, if someone is abusing their account, I'm sure we'll hear about it and get it sorted out

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

<Shifty, yes we don't know this but person needs to know this about her/himself. If you know, you're not reliable because mom says you this over and over then you probably will know this and maybe think before trying to apply for this "job". Of course, you can lie to yourself and do it anyway, but this will be noticed very fast and you will get fired.

Yeah sorry i was a bit whinnig about it.
    I'm sure only capable people will be accepted

Keep up the good work !
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by <Shifty View Post
    how do you know someone is trustworthy and reliable when you can only base your judgement on the information from the person's profile page ?
    True, but most people know themselfs very well and can say if those requirements match or not and they won't do themself a favour if they pretending something that isn't.
    But someone doesn't need to be the super dooper computer genius, if you are familiar with the patch installing and have experience with installing software for other people and are williing to help other users and know from yourself "yes I know how to and I can do that" then you are most probably one of the persons we are looking for this.

will the patch be so difficult to install the patch that you guys have to do something like this ??:P
    Nope. The installation process wil be the same.

But not everyone who owns a server is familiar with the technique behind it, not everyone has the nescessary english knowledge (we will not have translated documentations), linux installations can be harder then on windows. If the patch is new to someone he might not see the benefits on first sight, also the patch comes with many config files and configuration options, and some people just don't have the time or patience to read through the docs/forums, so for patch beginners it might be useful and time saving to have someone at their side who assists and consults them (beside our forums here) and do the nescessary steps for them. Its meant to be as an extra service - users (supporters) helping users -

Lol i like tetris :P i play it on my calculator during school sometimes xD
    haha, I like tetris too, don't take that "warning" too serious, I do not really think that here are forum members that match those attributes in the warning, but as you know yourself unfortunately mohaa community is spiced with a lot of non-decent people, so its just to make clear we are not looking for those.

writing a pm to Razo[R]apiD now

But someone doesn't need to be the super dooper computer genius, if you are familiar with the patch installing and have experience with installing software for other people and are williing to help other users and know from yourself "yes I know how to and I can do that" then you are most probably one of the persons we are looking for this.]
    I already wanted to ask you what kind of knowledge people should have regarding the patch and how servers work before they aply for it. but this answered my question.

we will not have translated documentations
    I was just thinking this would be a good idea because there are alot of differrent nationalities in this forum, for instances I good make a dutch one, I don't think it's that difficult (its not exactly hardcore literature)

anyway I'm not longer gonna bore you guys :P

Cheers.
    Last edited by <Shifty; September 20th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

Yeah, I was thinking about making a dutch version as well

If you guys are ok with this I could make a start with it, unless you really wanna keep it english only.