Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvida Drivers

Default Nvida Drivers

anyone know anything about this

error

The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display
    driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue.
    The application must close.

answer

What does it mean?

If you received this message from an application (on a pop up message or in the Event Log), the application was unable to continue rendering because the Microsoft Windows imposed time limit (TDR) was exceeded. This is normally the case when the workload sent to the Graphics Card is greater than what the graphics card can process in the normal timeout of two seconds.

I went to their website and they said check mirocsoft site went there and they showed how to raise the tdr higher than 2 in the registry. So I go in registry and the key they said had that in isn't even there ....lol

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/Libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

KeyPath : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
    KeyValue : TdrDelay
    ValueType : REG_DWORD
    ValueData : Number of seconds to delay. 2 seconds is the default value.

And just how the hell can Mohaa workload sent to the Graphics Card is greater than what the graphics card can process.

We are starting to see Driver issues on devices what are using laptop / note book - I have both AMD/ATI and NVIDA on desktop and never seen that so guessing you have laptop/notebook - their are some fixes for this kind of thing but is this new hardware you are using ?

nope it's a computer tower 16gb ddr3 ram 8 core i72600 Nviada gtx 560 make no sense to me been running it for a year now, only thing is and I just thought of this is it install 3 up dates 2 days ago, never did it till then. ok found this update
    MS14-085: Vulnerability in Microsoft graphics component could allow information disclosure: December 9, 2014
    if it keeps happening maybe I try to remove that update
    Last edited by easymeat; December 11th, 2014 at 04:36 AM.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Hi Easymeat

Someone had similar problem and posted up on TMT

http://www.modtheater.com/threads/wi...drivers.39967/

With a fix people to uninstall that windows update

FIX - kb3004394 from patch tuesday 9/12 needs to be uninstalled (at least for win 7 64bit sp1)

See: http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...VIEWTMP=Linear

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

don't have that update windows removed it from auto up date already because of problems. My problem is the TDR Time out delay isn't set high enough needs to be more than 2 seconds but the registry keys M.S> tell you to change isn't even in the registry...lol

mmm Ok so any chance you can do a windows update roll back ie recovery via windows backup/restore

Just to add to the subject of Windows auto updates we faced a full on outage on our windows 2008 server because of one of their updates we now at the point of wait at least a month to update after a backup - at least after a month you can find some support with other people having same issue so golden rule yeh you got to update to plug the glitches and security issues but wait a month for the shit to get fixed "AUTO UPDATE " set to OFF
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; December 11th, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

You might have a defective video card. I've had several with minor bugs that were related to the hardware. But for the most part, I have been able to live with them. Sometimes my Windows will just freeze, and it's from something Nvidia.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Also roll back your driver both Nvid and the manufacture will have a collcetion of older drivers - we not had many issues from both AMD/ATI and Nvidia on PC's its all been laptops and note books - but as Own3mall said could be a hardware issue but for me norm is theyy work or fail or you get artifacts but in your case it sounds like a driver issue and not so much windows update unless the windows update has installed a windows default driver update over the top............

My Gut feeling is start downloading different drivers for card version but you need to uniinstall first old version of drivers as you dont want newer files knocking round while installing a different driver can cause problems

BUT will say a windows roll back if you have one WILL also roll back driver updates !!

well I download all the Nvida driver so I have the last 6...lol as far as system restore I turn that off, I thought of something else I may have screwed up, before that happened I installed COD4 and when it asked about the DX9c I said no, but then it said it would install the game without it so I said yes. That may have messed up my DX stuff. Mircosoft just sucks they rush out a crappy O.S. then rush out the next one so they can soak you for more money.

I'll try the reinstall of drivers and if it happens again I'll just reinstall windows, I already did that 3 times this year, getting good at it...lol But Nvida support says it's the TDR being set too low that causes it. If I didn't like this old hacker infested mohaa so much I'd just go to Linux system.
    Last edited by easymeat; December 11th, 2014 at 08:46 PM.

Well on the Windows side you dont have to do the full image backup but the auto backup one is small and quick and has bailed me out a few times once you have done one you can turn itt off and just do one now and again

Hope you get it sorted