Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New CTF mod +Elgbot

ofcourse u can use it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sor View Post
    Does elgbot have a license? If not, he can pretty much do what he wants including claiming it's his despite looking like an ***hole for it.

Actually not true, which i was told the other week weirdly. So in actual fact i guess i have copyright , maybe with proof of first release.

Though i dont give a damn unless you do a basebuilder.

"Copyright will apply whether there is a copyright notice or not.

In the US, a notice was required to retain copyright on works published before January 1st 1978, but this was the exception not the norm, and is certainly no longer the case. Also, once the US signed up to the Berne convention, US law was amended, and the use of copyright notices became optional on work published from March 1st 1989.
    Having said this, it is still certainly worth placing a copyright notice on your work. A copyright notice reminds others that copyright exists, and may therefore help to deter infringement.
    Further reading: Copyright notice fact sheet"

Source UK CC https://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/c...yright_notices

I'm actually more amazed how he has tried to casually pawn it off as his own when everyone in our community knows you and knows you wrote elgbot. I mean the 'elg' part is just giving it away. You don't even need copyright.
    Last edited by Sor; February 13th, 2016 at 06:47 AM.
    Morpheus Script (MoH) => You try to shoot yourself in the foot only to discover that MorpheusScript already shot your foot for you.

I remember the good old days back when I was a mohaa noob, I used to strip any mod of it's owner and rename it like "zzzzZZZzzzz_modanme_by_RyBack.pk3".

Edit:
    Just check my mediafire, looool it's full of similar stuff xD

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    I remember the good old days back when I was a mohaa noob, I used to strip any mod of it's owner and rename it like "zzzzZZZzzzz_modanme_by_RyBack.pk3".

Edit:
    Just check my mediafire, looool it's full of similar stuff xD
    Probably not wise to admit to this without giving proper credits. Don't get me wrong, learning by taking mods apart is fine and how I learned a lot of things too, but I always gave where credit was due. I hated when people stole my work and never gave me credit for it. Especially if I spent A LOT of time making it.

I understand u James and I am following the same rule.
    But admit it we all did it

maybe hossam just got the mod from skimkiller and hossam tried to be nice to skimkiller.... maybe skim never said it was his mod... as i didnt see him writing it, so we just assume something we dont know.
    so dont blame people on false info!!

the mod is called NEW+ctf+skim+killer+elgbot.rar
    think he just added something, and he knows how to mod etc and he knows elgan..... think he would never try to convince us of being elgbot his mod :P.
    Last edited by Slimbips {sfx}; February 15th, 2016 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post

But admit it we all did it
    Nope

I do it but I make sure I tell in Read me who's stuff I used and if I'm not sure who did it I say so. My first line states clearlly I didn't write the scripts just changed them to suit what I want done. However I do learn about how things were done and how to to it by using other peoples stuff.

Hello, Can i let map dm/mohdm3 remagen flag places all time the same location ? not every round they change , i want like V2 please in it all time Axis flag in Control room and Allies in there Spawn

Thanks