Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: name- kicked for stufftext bypass #3, what is that?

Default name- kicked for stufftext bypass #3, what is that?

we played a war with mohaac and the opponenent got kicked for stufftext bypass #3, what is that?

greets slim

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

You understand what stufftexts are right?

Basically its a server command that makes the player send a command back to the server.

So local.player stufftext "say hi"
    Will make the local.player send the command 'say hi'

Some forms of anti-cheat rely on this method to force cvars onto players or an alias.
    Im sure you would of seen some form of this before.

Players would get annoyed by abusive admins who would then use stufftext to change or damage their config file, so they either set it to read only and went to another server, or they would hex edit their mohaa.exe and disable the ability to stufftext them.

So with the stufftext bypass detection system , the server sends the player a random generated stufftext key like sadjfkhd423, and it waits for that exact command to be sent back from the player,
    if the server recieves the command back , the player's stufftext command is still working,
    if it doesn't, it means the player has disabled it or bypassed it, meaning it will then kick the player,

I Honestly dont see a legitimate reason to disable stufftext, with your config set to read only , it doesnt affect you once you leave the server. I think if a server has rules about certain cvars being set, then they should be able to enforce them in their own server without affecting the players config. If you come to a server that has abusive stufftexts then you just leave, simple as that.
    Take a look at >> http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...r-Kick-Problem << we discussed it abit there aswell, and you also were talking aswell...

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

i was a programmer in that days.... a good one

sv_stufftextdetection 0 and problem solved It still bugs sometimes.

oke thanks,

will tell everyone the guy is harmless and its just a bug

Or he could be dirty lol
    I am yet to see a bug kick yet, but thats me lol

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :

Well if he's running MOHAAC as well.. you could always check out his files on the site.
    Tbh I haven't seen a legitimate stufftext kick yet :P

Maybe your players arnt as clean as you think and some are legitimate kicks and you just think it's a bug lol :-P

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

#3 is very suspicious, because it means that player answered with something else than it should - from the patch point of view it's an attempt to emulate the proper response.
    Simple scenario would be when someone uses stufftext bypass but tries to emulate proper responses only for that specific check to avoid kick.

Might be as well some false-positive, but I didn't see a lot of those with #3. Usually false-positives happen when there were some lags and player answer wasn't registered on the server, but #3 means that answer was registered but it was totally different from what was expected.