Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OBS + MOHAA

Default OBS + MOHAA

I wanted to stream some MOHAA specially to advertise the game and attract new players but as i said in the chatbox before it has some problems with Open Broadcaster Software.

As you can see OBS only can see the game when a menu is open?
    Any idea how to fix this?

Found this thread: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads...k-screen.8110/
    They say that they support OpenGL but doesnt seem to work for mohaa..

Windowed mode gives some lag and is not playable!
    Last edited by Appelpitje; August 12th, 2014 at 07:04 AM.

i tought it was obese+mohaa and u wanted to people eat healthy and move more :P

I'm running into this issue too, and would prefer not to do windowed mode.. any workarounds for OBS and OpenGL?

Does XSplit work? I've used that before and it used to work (though not all the time, didn't try many times).

Ok seems like "Display capture" works fine now for me with OBS, can finally stream/record full screen with OBS!

@Appelpitje, I used OBS couple of years back to record one of MOHAA gameplay and it did gr8 job. The machine was Dell Laptop i5 with Intel HD 3000. Now I've a different machine, Dell i7, Intel HD 5000. Downloaded the latest (zipped) version of OBS. But this time when I record gameplay and watch it afterwards its low in quality and feels somewhat glitchy.

I've tried settings as mentioned on OBS forums but no good. I've tried both H264 and Quicksyn including tweaking encoder and Advanced settings. Can you suggest something viz-a-viz settings are concerned? Do you think it could be the CPU that is not able to handle this video capturing? I am myself a devoted fan of Open Source and would like to make OBS work, instead of moving to any other product.

These are my settings for recording, the only thing i can think of the makes it low is that the bitrate is to low:

I just tried the same on my laptop with an i7, it also stutters because the cpu gets on 100%. If that is also the case u have to lower CPU usage preset to superfast and make the bitrate higher like 20000 or something.

Thanks for trying it out Appelpitje. But I had checked these settings. I even set the bit rate to 50000 but it was still stuttering (yeah stutter is the right word to describe it).

As earlier I had mentioned that i was using zip (classic) version of OBS, after seeing your screenshot I thought about downloading the installer and give it a go, in hope that it would fix the problem. But what happened now, is that video is recorded successfully but when I play it there is nothing in there except a very small window in the upper right corner of the player which shows that a piece of video is being played there. In advanced tab I can not see OpenGL. Here is a short clip.
    https://ufile.io/9qf2x

And these are my OBS settings:
    output.PNG

And
    advanced.PNG
    Last edited by anspectrum; June 21st, 2017 at 04:12 PM.

Well the video that u sent is the problem that everyone has when playing moh, what u need to do is record ur monitor and not gamecapture.