Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OBS + MOHAA

Well if I try to use Display capture then when the game is running all I get is a black screen. And yes I've read it on many forums about this but no solid solution is available.

Wasn't there a thread recently that concerned problematic recording on newer Intel chips? And the way to fix it was to use an old wrapper or something like that?

Since I always prefer to have Linux (Ubuntu) as my primary OS (Windows I just use for some office / mohaa requirements.) I was successfully able to record MOHAA (on Ubuntu) with OBS (Linux install) with default settings and crisp video display. No stuttering at all. But we know that MOHAA cant be played on Linux specially because of sound issues. Anyways, I just wanted to put it in here that Intel HD Gfx hardware is OK, its just the software (rather Windows drivers I should say) which are playing havoc with OBS recordings. Why Windooooooos su*** in so many ways. Any thoughts ?

Here is a short video of the recording (Apologies for crappy microphone) :P
    https://ufile.io/2y0t6
    Last edited by anspectrum; June 23rd, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

I once thought of the basis of streaming mohaa to twitch like obs does but there is no information about that at all.
    Im afraid id need help in that. But this will be perfect for anticheat purposes. Forced streaming should be next gen forced screenshots lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    I once thought of the basis of streaming mohaa to twitch like obs does but there is no information about that at all.
    Im afraid id need help in that. But this will be perfect for anticheat purposes. Forced streaming should be next gen forced screenshots lol.
    But for people with shitty upload speed, that would cause problems.

I wont force it. It is just an option.

To be fair, allot of us in WOV allready do it :P

streaming is np! not that it solves the accusations because now people say 'we' use the twitch screen to see/find people lol -_-
    well as for me, i can only keep my eyes on 1 thing during mohaa and thats mohaa :P

Yeh but u could have spies that don't play but watch the stream and tell.
    That would also be fixable by delaying the stream for one or two minutes.
    It'd be live but two minutes latter than now so spies would see older footage.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    Yeh but u could have spies that don't play but watch the stream and tell.
    That would also be fixable by delaying the stream for one or two minutes.
    It'd be live but two minutes latter than now so spies would see older footage.
    Again a problem for the client, when u delay it that long and the client doesnt have a lot of RAM, the RAM will get full easy..

1 min of 1080p 30 fps requires about 150mb, 2 mins is 300mb. Whoever streams will need a good connection so they probably will have enough ram.