Thread: Client patch question

Default Client patch question

Hi all,
    This is a question and at the same time a feature suggestion.The client patch hasn't been released yet so I don't know what features it will have, but it would be nice if the server admins could require specific player names, or any player from specific IP ranges, to have the anti cheat enabled.
    A player joins the game.His IP range(or his name) is required to use anti cheat.He is given a warning by Reborn that he needs anti cheat.If he doesn't enable it, he gets kicked.I've seen something similar in few rcon tools but I never found them usable in practice.Does the new client/server patch have those features ?
    Thanks !
    Camp another day.
    Barbarossa

yep great idea, but what if he doesn't have the "Client side " patch , nothing happens

this is gonna be server side ,

Developer

If a server will use the client patch, every player needs to use it otherwise can't join it

That's Lame !

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Can you join to 1.11 server with 1.0 client? NO. You can't join to 1.12 server as well with 1.11 or 1.0 client. Right now you can do this because servers are not fully Reborn-enabled.

@User45 - Anti cheat features will be enabled by default and always, so there is no need to choose who has to use it and who not.

Thank you for clarifying.
    Camp another day.
    Barbarossa

Let me know if you need another tester.
    Camp another day.
    Barbarossa

yeah if u need someone for testing i would like to do it to , pick me pick me!!