Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible to ban iprange... but let protected names in with password or something?

Default Possible to ban iprange... but let protected names in with password or something?

Hello,

I got an HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE problem with egyptian cheaters, and when i ban ipranges i ban alot of good members to so i have to unban the iprange.. but than they all come massive back... very very annoying.
    Is there any way to fix that?

greets slim!

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I've already seen 2 or 3 threads about it. The answer is: ban ranges except individual IPs. Or don't ban and let players kick cheaters with votes.

the problem is that the ipranges always are in egypt area... and when ya make an exception for someones ip from egypt it wont count anymore after his modem resets or cuts of power, but guess the best solution is dont recruit egys anymore and when an iprange is banned so is that member.... this has to end!

IP ban is an IP ban, there won't be any whitelist just because of the reason you mentioned - due to dynamic IPs you will have to update whitelist as often as you need to update blacklist now.
    I don't see any way of solving your problem until 1.12 client gets released that comes with HWBan and possibly account ban.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

I can think of a way to get around it via scripting . not for the dynamic ips, but the not banning specific players.
    It will use the protected names system.

Instead of IP banning the range , just make a script that will check players ips every 10 or so seconds

If IP falls under the range which you to be banned, just kick them from the server ( or add actual ip to banlist , but could get a big list ) ,
    But if they have a name which is located in the protectednamefilter.cfg ( which they would have to have a password for to connect with ) skip them and not kick.

Downside is the players you wish to stay will have to know how to logon with the password. Not hard for most people , its just a line in config.

@RR Its not possible to use wildcards * in scripting tho right? Would have to split ip up and filter from that
    Last edited by Purple Elephant1au; July 4th, 2014 at 05:27 AM.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

What do you mean not possible to use wildcards? You have to do IP parsing on your own, splitting IP by dot and handling wildcards. But this can be a solution for Slimbips.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

ok just thought it would easier lol

Good project for ya Slim :-P

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

It's not that hard after all

ok but if you have your login for protect name in your cfg then when you get on a server running say foresight or CI all your information will be in that server's log file. This is form my lagnet server (no Reborn)

>>>\challenge\316606988\qport\43264\protocol\8\rate\10000\name\-:={ SWA }=:-EasyMeat\dm_playermodel\allied_manon\dm_playergermanmodel\german_panzer_obershutze\snaps\19\password\xxxxx <<<

now it shows my password, but when I had my name in protectnamefilter it also showed up there also cl_namepass "password" That's why I don't use the protect name thing. It's that or make sure you don't get on a non reborn server.

You cant use the protected names without Reborn