Thread: Official Test Server

Default Official Test Server

I don't know if you guys have one already, or if you could use one at all, but considering all the work that's been put into this project, I was thinking it could help to have an official Public X-Null Test Server for either experimental or operational projects. If you guys were interested, I'd be more than happy to sponsor a small or medium sized server to contribute to the cause. I don't know anything about programing/scripting, so I figured this could be a way to give back to the MOH community.

Please let me know if you're interested.

-Pondera
    Last edited by Pondera; August 19th, 2010 at 02:45 PM.

I think every bit of help and support is greatly appreciated.
    But there are already a lot of test servers, which can be found on the 'Servers' sub-forum, and I think it's better for the public to test if things work correctly, seeing as many players will join, and a lot of action, also through console will take place, for a long period of time as well.
    Besides this, I think they can run this from a dedicated server for other test purposes, could be mistaken though, never tried it myself.

I think a public test server would be great. The more servers the better. That way we can get a better grasp of how compatible the patch is. It also depends on where it's hosted though. I can't join any european servers because my ping is too high, but if it's hosted in the US, I wouldn't mind joining & testing some things in there. Thanks for the offer.

I agree with all of the things considered. The public is best for trial and error, yet I do see the advantages of having an official home server. I live in the US as well, but I guess it depends on which location would benefit the most people. But that'll most definitely be up to you guys, just let me know of your decision, and I will be more than happy to help.

i have Hosted a Dedicated server Already with the latest patch Window #12 and International players can join it easily for more details check forum SERVER tab or this link

http://x-null.net/forums/showthread.php?212-|Dragon-Warriors|-}DMW-Pro{-Sniper-Lovers

or visit www.dwclan.tk for more details

The purpose of this idea is to offer the developers a tool to publicize an ideal model of their work, while allowing them direct access to it 24/7. This could help the MOH community experience the team's vision first hand, allow developers to conveniently monitor a project's progress, and serve as yet another link between the creators and the players who are helping to test the patch. This server would also present some of the challenges that have faced many participating server hosts, and I think that the team's exposure to it could prove to be constructive and beneficial during the constant evolution of the patch. Moreover, I suspect that it would be most useful to the developers when wanting to test the effectiveness and efficiency of their prototypes in an open server, especially when considering the many different variables that shape the diversity of the game, (such as location, settings and configurations, custom modifications, etc...).