Thread: OwN3mAll's push mod

Default OwN3mAll's push mod

Just a shout out to Own3mAll and those at Xnull who helped develop the gain ground mod. Looks like a great job done and I look forward to playing it as I have installed it on both my servers.

When I first released Gain Ground, I was done with it and hoped someone would do just this. The code was far from perfect and I was never happy enough with it to move on to making additional maps, so I'm glad someone did.

Some History behind The Push mod (I believe) was created by LMAO King. This mod moves the opposing teams spawns back and your teams spawns forward when you push to gain ground in the linear confines of the single player maps. a genius use of these otherwise useless maps in multiplayer.

"King's LMAO server" was my favorite AA server back in the golden days of AA. When his server disappeared from the game list perhaps some time in 2005 I found myself desperately trying to get in Touch with King to discuss his possible contribution of his mods to the community but it was not going to happen.

I was taking vacation in Las Vegas in a grill house having a beer when I started thinking how I could code the push mod. My original Push mod was coded on a stack of bar napkins. Late in 2005 I posted that work on TMT hoping someone would take it further.

Subsequently, If your familiar with King's server then you might also like to know that I recreated King's Steal the Beer mod that was also running on his server and made it into a global script so ppl could easily make their own steal the beer maps.

Anyways,

Good Job!
    Last edited by ViPER; May 18th, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Yeah, I remember that server! It was so awesome and so much fun! Your mod was great by the way. I worked really hard to add maps to this mod using pretty much the same code you used. It was a great code-base to start with. I wish more people would play it. I ran it on my servers, but no one would play it. I guess not enough people from back in 2004 who enjoyed that mod are still around...

Thanks for providing the framework! Great stuff. I'll play you anytime? HAHA we need more people.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Is that the server where a car was driving back and forward on the bridge in map 4? When it honked you could get beer (?) and
    when you touched it while it was driving (very slowly) the car still ran you over?
    Last edited by Midnight1138; May 19th, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

BTW, Have you made those mods public, Viper? If so please provide a download link?
    They sound very interesting. Might be something I'll run on my server

which mods? Steal the Beer? check out my sig and let me know if you have any questions

Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.