Thread: client patch supporting new master server

Default client patch supporting new master server

2 weeks to go!

What is the schedule for release on the reborn client patch?

It would be good to have some time to get everyone on board, client instructions for download and install, etc.

any news?

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

We'are preparing website. There won't be a client patch yet released, you can play reborn server with stock 1.11 clients. For now we will just release instructions how to switch to new master server. Client patch is in the process of making, it's almost done but there are some small flaws etc. and few small features wait to be finished.

Currently we are in the process of gathering all needed binaries for different versions of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    We'are preparing website. There won't be a client patch yet released, you can play reborn server with stock 1.11 clients. For now we will just release instructions how to switch to new master server. Client patch is in the process of making, it's almost done but there are some small flaws etc. and few small features wait to be finished.

Currently we are in the process of gathering all needed binaries for different versions of the game.

OK Thank you,

Please help me understand this so I can explain it to all the people asking what to do.

new master server does OR does NOT require a client patch?

instructions to switch over to new master server are for server side AND client side?

I'm not so much worried about the server side as I am the Clients.

BUT!!!! --- It will be absolutely crucial to be able to disseminate the necessary client info to hundreds of players that are still in contact in the game before DownDay, at which time hundreds of players are no longer reachable.

I would say a week overlap for switching over would be the minimum time needed to carry over the maximum number of players possible. The new master server should be up and ready in less than a week. IMO

Thanks

Do you have any instructions for us to tell clients before we loose them on the 31st?

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Viper

The instructions will be posted on the website >> www.mohreborn.com << , which directs you to
    http://www.x-null.net/masterserver/ ,
    but ATM it is still under construction,

But when the time comes, all information will be there, including the 3 methods players can use to update,
    the prepatched binaries ,
    the auto patcher,
    or the hosts redirection.

Razor has been working on finishing up these and is im sure close to releasing them.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive