Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GameSpy Issue - Binaries

Copied the Spearhead binaries from my external harddrive (incl. server binaries) and found the Linux binaries for spearhead online, placed them in the attachment as well.

Also I think it'll be best to use both BT 2.30 and BT 2.40 as they both seem to be played (though I do not have those binaries).

Edit: I checked appelpitje's SH linux server tutorial and he used linux binaries with a different filesize than I offered in the attachment (DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcvmo7skbi...inux_fixes.zip ). So not sure which ones are correct/best, he might be able to shed some more light ^^
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Shadow; May 14th, 2014 at 03:58 AM.

Thanks shadow! That's exactly what we needed. Does anyone have the BT files (client and server binaries) for versions 2.3.0 and 2.4.0? I have a difficult time finding the server ded files online and I'm at work currently.

Here are the Breakthrough 2.40 Windows Binaries.
    These are the Dutch versions from the Mohaa 10th anniversary bundle.

Not sure if the language matters or not when it comes to binaries though..

>> Edit <<
    Just realized these binaries have been patched with the no-cd patch. Do you also need the
    original unpatched binaries, James?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Midnight1138; May 15th, 2014 at 08:49 AM.
    -=With One Well Placed Blow Thorin Cleaves Your Skull=-

http://www.twinbee.org/hob/play.php?snap=hobbit

<KILL THORIN>
    You attack Thorin.
    But the effort is wasted. His defense is
    too strong.
    Thorin attacks -you- !!!
    With one well placed blow Thorin cleaves
    your skull.
    You are dead.
    You have mastered 0.0% of this adventure.

Mid , binaries are alwagys English , the language can be changed in a pak file as a localization and gui for another language , Binaries are always en

Ok ill upload all bt and sh binaries for Windows , and the no-cd patches too ,w8 for me @ this Sunday

@RyBack, they have already been provided above. Apart from BT 2.30 I believe.

No , bt have one build binary too , lol i've got them all , i figured that outthat b/c i had some reg problem in the setup so i had to use universal extractor and place all the game by myself from the setups .cab files
    So there is another pak4or 3 ie can't rember the num w hich htch language and i had to remove it .

I might be wrong, but I think different binaries supported for different languages will have a different hash. The one that we want is the US\UK version if possible because that's the universally supported language. The actual font is in a pk3 (yes I agree), but still I think the binary hashes differ between regions. (I could be wrong though)

Just installed breakthrough from the 10th anniversary edition, brought out in 2009. To my knowledge this was the latest
    bundle that included AA, SH, BT, PA and AB.
    They are all English by the way, during installation and in-game, so disregard that Dutch version, lol!
    The annoying thing is, I can't find a version number anywhere

So I tried connecting to Breakthrough servers listed as version 2.30 AND 2.40 in QTracker and
    was able to connect and play on both of them!?

Is the 2.40 patch backwards compatible?

It's possible to be backwards compatible. Can't you just type in "version" into console when you first start the game? It should tell you in there what version it is.