Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GameSpy Issue - IMPORTANT

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I'm not sure yet. It's theoretically 2 months, but we have 1 month really to give some time to people to migrate to new solutions.

Was about to say how much are Gamespy after to keep going for say just MOHAA but then saw "Effective January 1st, 2013, GameSpy has ceased to make its software available for Licensing."

You mention servers will need to run the reborn patch. I don't use the reborn patch because of the glitch with the anti-cham. Is there a way us server owners could get a 'lite' version that just allows our servers to be listed?

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

FYI
    All of Reborns features like that , anti-wh etc can be turned off, you dont have to play with them turned on.
    ( i havent seen any server which does run anti-wh, well not until maybe the next update !! << )

I Still dont see why servers do not run reborn, i am still waiting for a valid excuse not to lol
    Ive seen people just blame the Reborn Patch for lagginess because they added one too many mods to their server , i think i spend more time defending the patch then actually playing a game lol I normally just direct people here to read the facts.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Purple Elephant is absolutely right. Any feature the patch includes can easily be turned off, and in all honesty despite the fact that the antiwh might be glitchy, it's still a great source of protection for all the other cheats. In fact, I don't think there is any other protection out there against things like "STWH", "stufftext protection" and not to mention all the crash, bufffer overflow and other exploit fixes... I'm pretty confident nothing else comes close. It does a solid job protecting against no recoil cheats as well, but that concept was originally introduced by sorrid & jv_map, we just implemented it directly into the engine.

Any way, you can modify the settings as you please so it can be totally enabled or as "lite" as you would like it to be. It's totally customizable.

There really is no reason not to use it. It doesn't effect game play at all.

@DustyBones, as Purple & James stated, they can easily be turned off and Reborn is basically a must have for every server (even if it's just for protection against crashes). To turn off the anti-wh, simply place/change the following in your server.cfg:
    set sv_antiwh 0
    and no more issues

Thanks, I wasn't aware the anti-cham could be turned off via config. The option to install reborn is available from my vps service but it doesn't come with any information about the features it includes or the cfg commands.

I will monitor this thread and I will help anyway that I can.
    Last edited by DustyBones; April 2nd, 2014 at 03:07 PM.
    Keep your head down.

@ALL users still getting confused frustrating I know.......

Its because the patch now has so many settings and I think if you come as a freshmen it is still a whole lot of reading.............

Perhaps its time for a patch install wizard as in what settings do you want and want they do I dont know just a thought but I am to scared to go on Xfire these days some just dont goolgle or search

WE all take all this info and experience in our steps but for new players it can be like I just want to click run and play so I think we need to look at this as a whole and say its got to be easy as in many players play and want to run a server and so does not mean they have to read and search.........

all the new games are click and play even have in game editors and so on

We are trying to attract players so from old and new

So the patch server side also must become user friendly on install as in wizard time no configs...................

Just my thoughts but this thread an example

Quote Originally Posted by DustyBones View Post
    Thanks, I wasn't aware the anti-cham could be turned off via config. The option to install reborn is available from my vps service but it doesn't come with any information about the features it includes or the cfg commands.

I will monitor this thread and I will help anyway that I can.
    Hi DustyBones - Well some links but the patch has so many options it will blow your mind in a cool way - You just need to read to see whats best for your server

Start here -:

http://www.x-null.net/wiki/index.php...A_Reborn_Patch

Yes, and for a list of customizable cvars, you can see it all here: http://www.x-null.net/wiki/index.php...orn_CVars_List