Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: GameSpy Issue - IMPORTANT

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I have seen that. But is it correct that we will never be able to connect via in-game browser
    anymore?
    If you won't switch to our custom master server then yes it's true. However, once we release our master server, players and server admins who will switch to our masterserver will get working in-game browser.

Redirection is required for both admins and clients who want to have working in-game browser.

Query protocol specification will be released soon to the public if we will decided that there is need for this.

Steps to take will be the same for all MoH versions.
    There will be 3 ways to switch to our master server:

1. Use hosts redirection
    2. Use prepared binaries as drop-in replacement.
    3. Use universal patcher to patch your own binaries to point to our master server.

Which solution you will choose is your decision. We have new domain registered: www.mohreborn.com which currently points to our main xNULL Reborn website, but we will host new site with instructions, tools and binaries under this domain.

Please note: You won't need to use Reborn patch (as it's currently available only for AA) to use new master server. You will only need to change the masterserver address which is hardcoded in binary files, or setup redirection in your system.

Our solution will support AA/SH/BT/PA and it's currently in last stages of development and testing.

It is all pretty clear now, but this is the main point imho:

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Redirection is required for both admins and clients who want to have working in-game browser.
    We will not be able to convince the clients to modify their host files or use a tool.

Why? Because 99 % of the users are horribly noobish and lazy. Seen that so many
    times in software development.

Well, regarding client we can't do anything more.

Let's all try to be more positive! Work is being done, and we're doing all we can. People don't do anything until they HAVE to. Well guess what, with the master server going down, people WILL either get the patch, use a third party tool, or won't play MOHAA at all.

Excuses such as, "it's too hard", are unacceptable. It's pretty easy to install Reborn on any server. If you're not willing to invest five minutes to learn how to install Reborn, go ahead and just order a dedicated server now from me because it will come with the latest fully functional version of Reborn.

When Reborn Client comes out, I could create an installer that would be as simple as a double click executable and reborn patch for client MOHAA has been installed.... No prompts or anything.

Reborn is the best thing that has ever happened to MOHAA, period. If configured properly, it is impossible for anyone to crash your server with reborn. Without it, I believe MOHAA would have died back in 2010. We are a strong community and we must keep pushing forward. We cannot prevent the shutdown of the Gamespy master server, but we can create new solutions, which we already have.

MOHAA has survived turbulence before, and I think that will continue. I play a lot of newer games too, but to be honest, after looking at my xfire gaming history for the week, I am somehow able to log 13 hours a week of MOHAA. Clearly, the game is not dead.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by modderTMT View Post
    We will not be able to convince the clients to modify their host files or use a tool.
    Why? Because 99 % of the users are horribly noobish and lazy. Seen that so many
    times in software development.
    I'm more optimistic
    After posting a not-possible-to-miss message on servers about 10 days ago I noticed increased traffic to forums and ppl have been asking about MOHQuery Tool, why they need it and what it does and what exactly is going to happen on May 31st.A lot of people simply aren't well informed about what's coming.Also many MOHAA players don't speak English very well so Spanish & Arabic announcements helped us a lot to spread the word .At the end it will come down to how well informed the people are about the May 31st Mohacalypse.I think it's a human psychology that if the person doesn't know that something is going to stop working and it stops working ,the person will try to fix the problem on his own(rebooting the modem,reinstalling the game e.t.c) then he is more likely give up and stop playing the game but if the person knows that it's supposed to stop and he knows why it's going to stop then he is more likely to have the motivation to find a solution even if he has to do it after May 31st so this is why I think MOHAA community will be alright if everyone knows what's coming on May 31st.Those who use internet cafes will face the biggest problem because they can't install anything or modify the hosts file.
    Last edited by User45; May 5th, 2014 at 09:57 PM.
    Camp another day.
    Barbarossa

Arabic announcements ! , Where it happened. ? & we have an arabian forum with about 20 clicks per day , we can put a big one on the front page
    then ask server owner to put a hud on their servers which lives for the first 10 seconds only with the links to any english forum in english , my forum in arabic (franko)
    and the same in Spanish & other languages
    but only for the first 10 seconds then it disappears from the players screen , that wouldn't be hard and if it was a reborn server , i think it have a ip country detection sys which would help.

this hud would stay on servers till 31/5
    so , what do u guyz think ?

and anote :
    Arabs try to by themselves then ask online
    later,

Quote Originally Posted by own3mall View Post
    Let's all try to be more positive! Work is being done, and we're doing all we can. People don't do anything until they HAVE to. Well guess what, with the master server going down, people WILL either get the patch, use a third party tool, or won't play MOHAA at all.

Excuses such as, "it's too hard", are unacceptable. It's pretty easy to install Reborn on any server. If you're not willing to invest five minutes to learn how to install Reborn, go ahead and just order a dedicated server now from me because it will come with the latest fully functional version of Reborn.

When Reborn Client comes out, I could create an installer that would be as simple as a double click executable and reborn patch for client MOHAA has been installed.... No prompts or anything.

Reborn is the best thing that has ever happened to MOHAA, period. If configured properly, it is impossible for anyone to crash your server with reborn. Without it, I believe MOHAA would have died back in 2010. We are a strong community and we must keep pushing forward. We cannot prevent the shutdown of the Gamespy master server, but we can create new solutions, which we already have.

MOHAA has survived turbulence before, and I think that will continue. I play a lot of newer games too, but to be honest, after looking at my xfire gaming history for the week, I am somehow able to log 13 hours a week of MOHAA. Clearly, the game is not dead.
    I agree here I think although this is bad thing happening with Gamespy I think many positives will come out of this and already have

Well I just checked google with https://www.google.co.uk/#q=MOHAA+GA...RS+NOT+SHOWING! and https://www.google.co.uk/#q=MOHAA+SERVERS+NOT+SHOWING and even if you google MOHAA on its own links already showing up on first google page to if they cant find the info and the tool then they shouldnt have a computer LMAO
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; May 6th, 2014 at 09:11 AM.

Web Version of MOH Query Launcher which allows server admins to include their server's IP address into the base list (MOH Query Desktop will use this list soon):

http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...ll=1#post20640

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

MOHAA Master Server will go offline at the end of June. We got a one month extension.

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Are we getting any closer Razor? GitHub back online and in use?

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

Code is complete. It needs testing.