Thread: Autodownload

Default Autodownload

Hi all great work on this project!!! I have just been reading through the post's and was very interested in the autodownload feature - we have a few clan servers that play a lot of custom maps so this feature will be fantastic. We have try'd to get some of the old ones working again such as Mapdownload(er) and Customspy but not had much luck.

I guess this part of your project wont be available until the client side part is available, if you have any updates on this would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks

Jon

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

We're preparing final server-side release. After this, we'll move on to client-side portion of the patch so yes, autodownload will be added in client-side patch. Can't say much now but yeah, this is the feauture I'd like to add at first because not only you awaits it

Thats great thanks!! - we now have a test windows server running version 12 a few of our admins have been on and working great, we are running FT custom maps and so far no probs - we are going to get a few more players on to stress test but even as it is now we are over the moon!!! can not say thankyou enough to you all for all this hard work for MOHAA

I don't like the autodownload idea - it craps servers in most of games with it. Happy nooby admins post much of crap on servers like posters, sounds/taunts etc and that all makes instant connection almost impossible and lags while new guyz connect. Serversided mods are enough to get much fun in moh.

You will have option to disable auto-download in your mohaa client, if you won't want to dl addons from servers.

Was just thinking will it be possible to point the map downloads to another server instead of Game server ?????

yes i think it is a good idea to enable/disable "autodownload" by yourself.
    but do you need to put sv_allowdownload 1 because if so, people can download server.cfg wich are password and stuff in it, but there is a way to protect that (kinda) to send them a EMPTY server.cfg file.

--peace out--

This all will be fixed because we will replace old download function with new secure ones.

Also I think it will be possible. We'll see when it will come to coding this.

There will be 2 CVars. One for client and one for server, so server can disable downloads and clients can disable downloads if they don't want to d/l mods from servers.

hello to everybody

I have some questions.

Im not sure if im wright, but i think in the last client patch is alowed the autodownload, isnt it????

wera can I download it?

thanks