Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniper-only mod fails sometimes

Default Sniper-only mod fails sometimes

hey guys,

Purple elephantau made me a nice sniper only mod.... but sometimes people spawn with mg... and keep shooting the entire server empty.... how does it happen and how to stop that?

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

What was the mod again ?? did it use the spawn event ? or something like that, i forget lol post it up and maybe just add another check about 5 seconds after spawn aswell to catch those who missed the first

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Let them spawn with the MG. Just set the clip size to 1. That would be fun!

Heey purple, the spawn event.... when they spawn they get sniper... but when they drop it right away they still get the mg.... any fix for that?

You could always just make all the other weapon.tiks blank , that way they cant be chosen . Or make them not droppable .
    Or just had a loop through taking all other weapons besides the snipers, so if anyone cheats and bypasses the spawn event that way, it will still take the weapon

Code:
    main:

if(level.weaponrun)
    end

level.weaponrun = 1

level waittill spawn

local.spawn = registerev "spawn" global/weapons.scr::spawn

local.connected = registerev "connected" global/weapons.scr::connected

end

connected local.player:

if(local.player == NULL || local.player == NIL)
    end

/// Fixes new map spawn not working
    if(local.player.dmteam != "spectator")
    {    
        wait 0.5
        thread spawn local.player
    }

/// Fixes bugged scores on new map
    local.kills = local.player getkills
    if(local.kills > 0)
    local.player addkills -(local.kills)

end

spawn local.player:

if(local.player == NULL)
    end

/// Ft spec bug with spawn
    if(local.player.mef_spectator == 1)
    end

/// Fixes FT new round no spawn, by waiting for round to start, remove if you want to test with 1 player
    local.extgametype = getcvar "g_extgametype"
    if(local.extgametype == "ftobj" || local.extgametype == "obj")
    waitthread global/libmef/util.scr::waittill_roundstart 

wait 0.5

if(local.player != NULL){
    /// Player take all
    local.player takeall

/// Player now give both snipers
    local.player give models/weapons/kar98sniper.tik
    local.player give models/weapons/springfield.tik

/// player use rifle and set as primary weapon
    local.player useweaponclass rifle
    local.player primarydmweapon sniper

}

//// Now add a few more takes just incase the player is cheating and bypassing spawn event.
    for(local.i = 1;local.i <= 3;local.i++)
    {
        if(local.player != NULL)
        {
        local.player take models/weapons/kar98.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/mp44.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/panzerschreck.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/shotgun.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/steilhandgranate.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/p38.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/mp40.tik  
        local.player take models/weapons/bar.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/bazooka.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/m1_garand.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/shotgun.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/m2frag_grenade.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/colt45.tik
        local.player take models/weapons/thompsonsmg.tik
        }
     wait 10
     }

end

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :

If cheats are enabled on the server, there are ways of spawning / giving yourself weapons. Shh... I didn't tell you.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Not sure why you wouldn't use Creeper's weapons limiter mod. It gets initialized in Mike_Torso

You don't need checks. It happens every time you spawn.

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Yes but it happens everytime you raise your weapon , so its unlimited ammo etc, also people tend to use that mike_torso then wonder why players are still landsharking lol

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Elephant1au View Post
    Yes but it happens everytime you raise your weapon , so its unlimited ammo etc, also people tend to use that mike_torso then wonder why players are still landsharking lol
    I don't think that's correct. I use weapons limiter, and I can assure you that you can run out of ammo.

Also, if you use the mike_torso from my ubermod, it has land sharking fixed along with the weapons limiter commands. All you'd then need is global/player_spawned.scr and weapon_settings.txt in root.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

Oh i do stand corrected, it must be another mod that used the raise weapon state, his one completely changes the mike_torso around so the default state is STAND_REAL and not just plain STAND, which is smart but makes trying to add other custom states for other mods harder for the client.

I would rather use the event system then a custom mike_torso , as it is also triggered every time, only problem is that it is triggered faster then the mike_torso , so when you take or give weapons, the player is not ready yet to receive them.
    So its just a matter of waiting an extra second before doing so, or maybe add a check for player ready ie local.player.ready = 1 , or wait until active weapon != NULL, just a few things like that would delay it enough to work properly.
    Thats what i did with my weapon limiter.
    Or just wait until RR has fixed the player.inventory command on linux release and you could use that aswell lol.

And for the weapon_settings.txt, you would need the all the custom edited weapon model tiks , which exec weapon_settings from inside the tik, but thats just to control ammo etc, and not the weapon limiter part.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :