Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAAA Website Reboot

heres a free vid to flash converter: http://www.chip.de/downloads/c1_down...412117&v=3600&
    so you only need a vid now ^^

i work on websites every day at work and i can tell you joto was correct about getting a "randomer" to understand what you have to offer.
    basically if you dont capture the "randomer" within the first 10 seconds you're going to lose him and this "randomer" will leave you website pressing the back key on his/her mouse. The "randomer" will go back to google.

your traffic is made up of organic (search engine), referrals (links from other sites) and direct visits (type url in address bar)

i think the point of having an AAAA website is:
    to allow people to find your content and then they can decide if they want to be part of your community.

if people dont get the all important introduction message the who what why and when.. they will just be confused and not understand why they have landed on your website.

now ask yourself where your main traffic will be coming from?
    if its organic (search engine) then your template has a massive flaw in it. your url structure uses anchors for new pages when the anchor should only be used for jumping to parts of a SINGLE page.
    google will be very confused by this as it only looks at the part of the URL before the #

google will see your site as a single page. so if you want people to find your site because they are searching for a specific things targed to single pages then your going to miss out on a lot of traffic from the SERP's.

this migh help you with your problem:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ct-url-or-both