Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rethinking xNULL AC

Lightbulb Rethinking xNULL AC

I am pretty sure this has been discussed on numurous occasions before (internally), but I figured it might be worth getting the publics opinion on this topic as well.

A little history behind xNULL. This project has been "active" for several years. And what we've done is more than I could have ever imagined. However, there is 1 thing that bothers me a bit aout the project, and that is the fact that every one of us have put in so much time and work into building this community and creating a better MOH environment, but truth be told, I feel like we're not really getting anywhere with a 10+ year old game.

Now, granted, the AC isn't perfect. And truth be told when it comes to things like stopping wallhacks, you won't come across a system that renders clients fast enough serverside UNLESS
    A. You have accesss to the SDK and can integrate it into the engine without any reverse engineering and tweaking.
    B. You perform the rendering/detection clientside (could be bypassed).

Aside from this, if you look at all other things that we have done, I'd say the system is pretty damn flawless.

The issue is, as I have mentioned above, we're not getting enough "recognition" or support from the public as I think we should. And this is because "most" gamers don't care about a 10 year old game. They mostly play what new, better, faster and more realistic (Battlefield and COD series).

Now here is the issue...
    I am willing to bet that regardless of which FPS game we take, when it comes to no reocil, aimbots and wallhack (the top 3 most abused MP cheats) every game suffers the exact same problem.
    Furthermore, they rely on AC's like PunkBuster, which are a joke because they have prooven to fail time and time again (because they're clientside and can be bypassed).

Imagine if we can implement our system into a modern game like COD and BF.

Now here is the dilemma. Developers are cathcing on to our work. Maybe not our work specifically, but the concept/s that have been discussed.
    Take a look here: http://www.gameblocks.com/

I don't know about you, but that bothers me, because this is something that we have been working on for a while. We might not be an expert team, but with everything we've done for MOHAA I don't see wwhy we couldn't try and make it work for other more modern games.

Now you might be asking yourselves, "how can we compete against a system like gameblocks?". Well, to my response, I don't think the system is as flawless as they claim to be. I';ve looked into them a bit and I have been searching for some videos to see how the AC works in game, and I would say 90% of the videos I saw just talk about how poor the quality of the AC is or how it doesn't work properly.

With that said, I still think there is a chance we can do something about it. I would say, based on what we've done for MOHAA we can certainly try and implement a similar framework for other games.

The hard part is we would really need to get the whole community involved. At the very least anyone with some kind of programming experience or understanding of engines and how "stuff" works.

Now, gameblocks is a universal framework that overlaps with several kinds of games. This tells me that the AC HAS to interface with OpenGL and DirectX.
    For our system to work, we would need to rewrite a lot of our code since we reverse engineer the actual game engine. However we need to figure out how to heuristically check for things like wallhacks, aimbots and no recoil without hooking into the engine. Because once we hook into the engine, we break the system since it's dependent on specific offsets.

Now, Leyok, PurpleElephant1au and I have been working on some aimbot stuff. Currently it uses engine related functions to detect mouse interaction in game. I'm certain that this can also be done via openGL and DirectX though.

What are your all thoughts on this? Is this something that you would like to see from this community?

I don't know if it is feasible. Like you said, we don't have an expert team.

To be blunt, we have a bunch of guys who love this game and most of us learned programming with this game.
    If we had enough crack programmers on hand, we'd be faced with the issue that most of us lead busy lives
    dealing with college, life etc...

I'm not saying it's not possible. But for everyone to be committed to the idea, we need a plan. And not just
    any old plan, I mean a long-term plan and some kind of motivation like you're on a mission or something.
    Once you have that, you can start sketching out the blueprints to form some middle-term plans. And as you
    start to delve into the details, you can form a bunch of short-term plans.

Anyway, when do you propose we start? After the patch is finished? Pardon my pertinence, but as it stands,
    the patch isn't finished yet and we don't know when it will be finished so I don't think we get distracted by
    thinking of another, bigger and more complex project... regardless of what the " competition " does.

Oh, and speaking of what they're doing, as I understand it, it doesn't seem to be very reliable?
    Doesn't it make you wonder, why? Because they're incompetent or because they're using heuristics?
    Heuristics are estimations and speculations at best, any deductions made from them and any induction
    made from those deductions are therefore approximate at best. A superficial solution to a problem is
    never reliable and always leaves open a margin of error. To truly solve it, you have to address the source
    of the problem.

So what is the root of the problem? Well, I'm not an expert, but I suspect it due to how architecture of most
    gaming engines had their subroutines and state divided across server and client virtual machines with
    performance in mind, rather than security. To be entirely fair, why shouldn't they and why wouldn't they?
    Given that most games are constructed from prefab engines these days, it wouldn't surprise me if the entire
    industry is stuck using such a model.

I think we should focus on getting the patch done, first. Not just to build up experience but so we have
    a solid example which we can use for whatever project we may have envisioned and agreed on by then.

If it happens, I'd be eager to join in if there were bits of it in C#.
    Last edited by Sor; November 25th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Morpheus Script (MoH) => You try to shoot yourself in the foot only to discover that MorpheusScript already shot your foot for you.

Valid points Sor. I guess the only reason I am jumping the gun here a bit is because it's a bit frusturating (On EA's ignorant end), that we've been trying to work with them on several occasions, and then they just fall through with their word. They don't even realize how much we've done with improving the game.

I'd love for them to sponsor us, but I feel we won't get the attention we should get unless we work with more modern engines and games.

I agree it's frustrating that EA won't work with us. The least they could do is give us the source code (if they still have it). They don't want to because they don't have to.

As for actually sponsoring our efforts, what incentive does EA have in this? All they care about is profit. If they don't believe that we can deliver and that we can
    deliver something with a return on investment, then they have zero shits to give. In my opinion, EA doesn't care for innovation much less something entirely for the user's sake.

I think we may have more luck in that department with the people at Steam, unfortunately we have no common ground with them. Perhaps we could pitch it as an idea to
    improve their VAC by contrasting their approach of detection with our methods of prevention. Not sure about all that, though...
    Morpheus Script (MoH) => You try to shoot yourself in the foot only to discover that MorpheusScript already shot your foot for you.

Hi look going to be blunt and put some thoughts forward..............

The bottom line is the fact that anything has been done for this old dog is amazing and fantastic and from myself thats enough TBH

The amount of time and effort to achieve whats been done already is credit to all involved!!!

The Points I wish to make are that some things never get finished to a degree we take on to much all must focus on one project and complete before taking on more!!

All I see now is all going off in different directions including my self and then some new blood of the likes of MOHAAC and MMDL and dont come here but both done some great stuff - WE all including myself all doing our own thing.............

We all need to focus on a single small project start to finish...............

Well I spoke to a few people about this concept just to get a bit more insight about how the AC works, because their description about their concept is pretty vague.

Any way, my initial thought of them using openGL or DirectX was wrong. I have initially thought that's what they would use, but after I thought about it, it wouldn't make sense. Rendering is done clientside. As far as what is done serverside, it DOES actually hook the game engine.

At first it got me a bit confused becasure if they're advertising that it will work for any MP game, then that would mean they basically have a database of every MP FPS game developed and have it hooked to use the engine. Which, I suppose makes sense in a way, but they probably only have a simple hook that gains access to the engine, and uses their own code/concepts that the game "intercepts with its own".

Now after hearing that, it sounds exactly like what this patch does. Only difference is the patch offers a lot more functionality, fixes and features that a regular AC. Most AC's only focus on preventing cheats. We prevent crashes and many other things. So basically it's a stripped down version of the xNULL patch.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Agreed with HSB and Sor

We should focus on finishing what we have before we aspire for greatness. I understand that we will never be truly finished with any one project, as there will also be need to go back and improve/update. But a general idea of finished for us now is a working clientside part and maybe the aimbot stuff implemented. Its been thought over for ages but the antiwh should be addressed before we move on to new projects, and if/when we decide its not feasible or realistic in terms of effectiveness, whether to drop the antiwh part of it. No point adding something in the patch that noone will use.

Also maybe as a start off point after we have finished with MOH:AA is just a slight jump over to MOH:SH . I know there has been work done with fixes for SH, but its seems a logical step forward for xNULL, if you decide to start on other games, why not start a little closer to home.
    Last edited by Purple Elephant1au; November 25th, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

I tried some new games, and all gameplays are in my eyes very suckable, slow leaning and a stiff personality... i like mohaa becease ya can move so quick and turn and shoot and jump, they should make a game with this gameplay only newer.... , i realy only play mohaa becease there is not a single game that can compare to the gameplay of mohaa, if mohaa dies i quit gaming as this is the only game i play.., they should give the source code to the engine to you guys so u can dig into it deeper... they should also give the game for free so we can spread it around............LONG LIVE MOHAA!!!

..LONG LIVE MOHAA!!!

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your interest in Gameblocks/FairFight. At this time our
    product is licensed to game publishers only. We hope that you will like
    us on Facebook where you can vote for Fairfight to be included in your
    favorite games.

Thank you again for your inquiry

Martin Royer
    Director of Operations
    Anti-Cheat is Just the Beginning™
    Visit us at www.GameBlocks.com