Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu Linux - Can't Get to Run in 32-bit Mode on Virtual Machine.

Let me add that I personally dont think linux is the problem, I think its microsoft

Well I think both Operating Systems have their advantages and disadvantages.

sorry for hijack
    @James, password recovery isnt working, neither in firefox nor chrome.
    firefox doesnt show the recaptcha box, chrome is showing it but the verifying part running wrong - it always returns "string not match blabla"

Really??? It worked last time I was working on it... I'll look into it.

So I installed the guest additions addon and it did help, some. It allowed for me to use a slightly higher resolution but not as high as I'd like such as 1680x1050. It did not change into 32-bit mode nor do I see any option to change it. Also, when I go to enable effects in the Ubuntu OS, Ubuntu freezes up.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I will have to give these drivers a shot.

I also have not been able to update Ubuntu (from 9.04 to 9.10) since I do not have that rig connected to the Internet. I am hoping that updating will solve some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips View Post
    Im going to change from windows to linux to.... can i get some advice and tips?

i guess i need to backup my chipset and drivers for pc becease everything has to be manual installen on linux?, more things a windows user will get some problems with?, can i run mohaa on it and what issues can i get if i never used linux before?
    The whole reason why I am running Ubuntu Linux on a virtual machine is so that I can get familiar with it, test it, and/or to see if I like it or not. Perhaps you should consider running Ubuntu on a virtual machine before swiping your Windows OS.

Quote Originally Posted by JoTo View Post
    As the curious person I am why you want to switch to linux anyways ?

I myself haven't found my way using linux on desktop compi that is Im just to much inbound into windows world and 2nd. as the guy who likes to play games its been a problem on linux platform - (I know you can use wine for most stuff but why would I want to go through config trouble when I just can use the original and then click and go)
    See answer above.
    "This bullet is... fOR YOUR CRANIUM!™""
    fYCcreationZ™

As far as network drivers are concerned, this has been a while for me since I used Ubuntu, but there is an app you can download through Synaptic Package Manager called "NDISwrapper" that allows you to load Windows network drivers in Ubuntu.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1890495

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    As far as network drivers are concerned, this has been a while for me since I used Ubuntu, but there is an app you can download through Synaptic Package Manager called "NDISwrapper" that allows you to load Windows network drivers in Ubuntu.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1890495

Hope it helps
    Thanks much.. will also check this out. When I use the Virtualbox Virtual Network Driver for the VM, I think it messes with my Windows Network Driver and interferes with it. Not sure if true or not yet.
    "This bullet is... fOR YOUR CRANIUM!™""
    fYCcreationZ™

It's been a while for me, but when I used a VM, I was a fan of VirtualBox and it worked really well for me, but I haven't used Ubuntu in probably 2-3 years now so not sure how it is these days.

I have heard "rumors" about Canonical coming out with an "Ubuntu" phone. It looks pretty sweet, but apparently doesn't have enough Sponsors for them to make it official. I hope it does come through though because it looks very promising.