Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MoH:AA Community Portal

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Default MoH:AA Community Portal

I know that we have a lot of community websites for MoH:AA but I think that we need a centralized one that is coupled with Reborn patch.

I'd like to create a portal where every player can have an account (and make it possible to use Facebook/Twitter/G+ credentials to log in), have own small profile.
    Every player should be able to create a clan, or join a clan. Every clan should have a simple information wall with possibility to post comments.

Clans should be able to set up wars, trainings etc. Players should get notifications and so on.

Portal should also offer rankings, medals and achievements. We would run special ranked servers where people would get points that would be submitted to our database.
    They could only play with a name registered on the website, earn points and fame

I'd like to integrate the portal with game client and make it a bit like Ghost Recon Online.

What do you think about this?

I think it would give some fresh vibe, and it would be a nice competition for ClanBase.

Yeah would be nice to attract some players to get 'points' and ranks!

This is maybe a stupid idea but:
    Imaging if the Lord Of The Rings mod comes out and you can create a RPG in MOHAA with levels etc!

We just need people who can code this I can prepare documentation. If we want to do something like this we need to decide how rankings, medals and achievements will work etc.

Im just wondering that instead of building everything from scratch if there is possibility to write a plugin or app instead - lets say for facebook to name one - that connects with reborn / mohaac and providing the functionality you mentioned

I think Joto has right idea we been here before and dont think this scale of project will get finished ..
    Having said that then yeh great but it's not that simple.............

From my own experience I based AAAA on Drupal 6 because more modules to try and deal and automate what you mentioned above................

I dont think I could do a Drupal 7 build of AAAA as it has advanced so much but not many out of the box soloutions as Drupal 6...................

Here is Drupal 7 its all open sourced and you dont have to create the wheel https://drupal.org/drupal-7.0

I am not trying to promote AAAA just what I managed to do with limited skill set on Drupal 6 - its open source so you can write your own modules but the point being its secure and well supported and developed

For my own efforts on Drupal 6 - we have a clan Database -: http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...haa-mosh-mohbt once a clan is registered those details can then be used to enter into the League -: http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...hserver-league

I have not got them enabled but yeh you can then login with Twitter and Face book and interact with them both -: https://drupal.org/project/twitter and https://drupal.org/project/fb you can feed back and to from both and so on, Its all open source so you can use the user database - this is just an example but all I am saying is the core is already their Drupal just an example then it needs custom code to finish above idea

Both Twitter and Face book have updated their API's to the next gen so a lots moved forward with this sort of concept

From my point of view, it should be created from - let's say - scratch to have a clean and simple portal without needless things. MOHAA is unique. Let's build a portal with a custom layout and framework. This shouldn't take too much time, coding the connections between portal and game does though. I worked on MOHAPI.HU, I could give some assisstance.

Looking at the reborn side I would concentrate on creating an interface for the data that is required to build such (what data is needed exactly ?).
    This could be by enhancing the common rcon or creating a extra status info with extra access password, or a streaming service that streams data to specified addresses.

Then see whoever is able to build something up from this extra data, keep it open give people the freedom to build whatever they up to.

No more plans for this? Totally dead idea?
    "La merde a de l'avenir. Vous verrez qu'un jour on en fera des discours."
    Louis Ferdinant Céline

I think its to much to start from fresh - On AAAA we polled to ask if we should rebuild and every one said stay as is

It's in the works in my dark diabolic forge, beware...