Thread: Running a REBORN Server

Question Running a REBORN Server

Hey all!

Im running a server on and off. IP: 99.249.50.93:12203

Will be up for a while. If someone would be so kind as to connect and see how things are i'd appreciate it. I've tried everything to get listed in the ingame browser to no avail.
    All ports are forwarded. Tried DMZ. No go. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Take care

Wordeee

AKA Gunny Wordeee
    Last edited by wordeee; July 16th, 2013 at 08:29 AM.

Hi this thread may help - http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...ghlight=server also ensure you have the following in your server config -:
    // Master Server Settings - Redudant for normal operation
    seta sv_master1 "mohmaster.2015.com"
    seta sv_master2 "master0.gamespy.com"
    seta sv_master3 "master1.gamespy.com"
    seta sv_master4 "clanservers.net"
    seta sv_gamespy 1

Also can take some time before its updated ensure your server remains running so it gets populated on ingame list

Hiya heatsinkbod!

Thanks for your reply! I have all my ports forwarded. I did howerver have to add seta sv_master4 "clanservers.net" as it wasn't in my list.
    Everything else is there as it should be. I'm gonna leave it up again today and see if it lists in the ingame browser. Can't understand why it won't. I hosted a MOHAA server for years with no issues whatsoever.
    I guess i'll wait and see what happens. If anyone else has any ideas, i'd love to hear from you!

Thx!

Wordeee
    Last edited by wordeee; July 17th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.

if
    seta sv_gamespy 1
    is set then the mohaa server sends heartbeat to the gamespy master server.
    The gamespy master server in turn sends a query info to the mohaa server using gamespy protocol.
    Afaik Gamespy using 12300 port for this (+97 rule), however Im not sure about this, have to test it sooner or later.
    Gamespy will then list the server in the master server list, but not immediately, has to be up for some hours.

To summary beside the join port of 12203 you also have to make sure to open and portforward 12300 port.

Gamespy master server

if you check gamespy server list your server is listed, it should be the copy of the in game list...
    Are you sure you checked the list correctly?
    Last edited by val; July 18th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Strange! Yes I've fully checked the ingame browser and I still don't see it listed. Hmm. I don't get it. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. This link http://tools.poweredbygamespy.com/ma...aster=&filter=

gave me a load error. Thanks for all your help guys. I'm gonna try searching the ingame browser list again. Wish me luck. I'll continue to try and get that link to work for me val.

I'll update soon.

Wordeee

Hey al!

Funny I do see it listed in the ingame browser. At the very bottom in red. Just the ip is showing and not the name of the game. Odd as when I connect to the game from the comp im running the server on, I have a ping of 4.
    Is this because it hasn't been up long enough? Any ideas?

Wordeee

server in red are either server from 1.0 or servers that cannot be queried anymore, for my self i can see your server in the ingame list in yellow.