Thread: Medal of Honor: Airborne 'video card not supported' fix

Lightbulb Medal of Honor: Airborne 'video card not supported' fix

Today I decided to install my boxed edition of Airborne. I bought it as I hoped that 'Finally, I'll be able to play multiplayer with this fascinating graphic/sound/gameplay...' Well, there were only about 8 servers. 6 of them were totally empty, one of the rest was infected by cheaters and the other one was lagging like mega's baseassault when it's full.

Successfully applied all the 3+ gigs patches on it but didn't want to work because it said that my video card wasn't supported. Googled more than an hour and finally got the solution and I would like to share it here, too:

So, if you get the following error message:
    This video card you are running is not supported.
    You should try the following:

1. Right click on MOHA's shortcut.
    2. Click on Properties.
    3. Add this ending to the target field: dxlevel 91
    4. Run the game.
    5. A black screen should be appeared.
    6. ALT+TAB to a popped up window named 'Message' which contains the following:
    The map specified on the commandline 'dxlevel' could not be found. Would you like to load the default map instead?
    7. Select the OK button.

Although the game works, the video settings can't be configured by using moha_setup.exe.

Tested on Windows 8 Pro 64bit with AMD 7700M video card.

Wow, really nice fix! Never heard of something like this before.

Hi Bulldozer hows things.........

Nice fix dude as always !! but think that Airborne should remain unfixed I never bonded with it but perhaps I should dig it out again and give another go

But getting back to the fix so is this like telling Directx to turn some feature off that your graphics card cant support ? When was this feature added ? as in is it just Airborne ?

Hi Heatsinkbod,

Thanks I'm quite fine and finally have some free time to spend ... trying to rebuild and repopulate the old hungarian mohaa community site, trying to help Veers with baseassault2 and also want to contribute to the patch by fixing maps or something

getting back to your query, I found this solution here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/301656 but after googling I found this among steam support articles:

-dxlevel <level> - Forces a specific DirectX version when launching the game.
    This is useful if your graphics hardware is older, and gets significantly better performance in an earlier version of DirectX.
    Below are the most common modes used:

• -dxlevel 80
    • -dxlevel 81
    • -dxlevel 90
    • -dxlevel 95
    • -dxlevel 98
    Cheers!

ah, the memories, I only ever played the demo of airborne, that one level, I remember I was so exited about the release of Airborne, when it then came out I didnt bought it though but some years later, now this reminds me that I need to finish the single player mission, also that of Cod4 and Cod2, and hmm BF3 and Codbo and hmmmm mw3 and .... Farcry .. and .. damn fack my life lol

few days ago started to play bf3 but I stuck on a ladder, couldn't move... I'm unable to avoid glitches... so I suspend it for a while.
    i like only the (ambient) sounds and maybe the level design in airborne.. vineyard near the allies spawn on hunt.... i would gladly see in mohaa