Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mohaa patch 1.12

you need to click on 2nd link other here www.x-null.net/server/xnull-3.5-server.zip and extract it and have fun

@HSB
    I can see what I can do to make it as simple as possible. Part of the reason that I included a FULL Windows Dedicated MOHAA Server pre packaged with 3.5.1 is so that it can mitigate any problems users run in to.
    Of course you would need to modify the server.cfg file to your comfort level and perhaps some of the other config files, but I tested this setup out before packaging it and uploading it and it worked straight after you extract the file.

This is another reason why I would like someone to provide me the Linux version of the same thing I have. Then I can host it on my domain and link users to both *nix & Windows dedi servers. It's virtually hassle-free. I can't think of any easier way of integrating this.

Other than that any future updates can now be pushed out automatically so no other manual work (renaming files, copying stuff) is required.

i haven't go today at computer to learn about codding or programming it well some day actually ..........

so james it isn't actually enable to download or download fast because my connection is so slow and tell me installation

1. A computer store will NOT teach you how to program or mod games. They only sell parts and that won't get you anything that you're currently requesting.
    2. To learn programming, you have to learn on your own time by practicing and reading books or going to school to learn it.
    3. I can't make the speed any faster. The server is capable of handling fast speeds, so it depends on what your connection can handle. If it's going slow, you'll just have to be patient until it finishes.

Please don't double post.

oh ok i well get books about that Stuff

best idea using rc1 or Just download old one Mohaa or mup12.dll if you have a real source created in 2010 at fyccreationz mup file name xnull patch 1.12 for mohaa full one

I honestly can't piece together what you are rambling about. That patch that you speak of was never completed and it never fully worked the way it was supposed to. The current patch available on these forums is what's supported and what we are working on.

If you don't stop spamming the forums and double posting constantly, I'm going to have to give you a break from these forums. I don't want to do that, but I feel like your posts don't have any solid information worth posting. Please don't spam the forums. If you don't have any actual problems or concerns with the patch, or nothing useful to post, don't do it. If you do have a concern, feel free to post it, but give us more information that just stating you have a problem.

The patch has log files that are logged to show us where issues arise. Post them on here and tell us what you were doing for that issue to come up. Then we will be able to assist you.

i am not just spamming i am want be developer or moderator about that but i need a book about a patch 1.12 and you say if you have a problem we well help you so i running rc3 it wont i want make a mohaa server so what to do ?

This why i registered at the forum i want to be developer about something i like ?
    Last edited by heshamzakaria; June 23rd, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

I'll give you the most thorough answer to your request.

Becoming a developer is hard work. It requires patience and a good understanding of how software works. Most users on here that have the "Developer" status have it because they have assisted us with the patch. They took the time out of their day to learn, help others as well as develop software and\or mods to help with the creation of the patch.

It takes education, practice, determination among other things. You also need to have a passion in learning and doing things for yourself and most importantly a know-how attitude. I can tell, that you may not really understand how much work becoming a developer takes. Not everyone is suited to be a developer, but you also don't need to be a programmer to have a developer status on the forums. If you want to help, create mods for the game. Understand how the game and the engine works. Play around with things. A mod is in the form of a pk3, but essentially it's nothing more than an archived file. You can easily extract the files using an application like pakscape or 7-zip (both are free). Then observe the structure and the files within that structure. 90% of the files in MOHAA can be opened up in a regular text editor like notepad, TGA (targa files) are images and can be opened up in photoshop, and lastly skd,skc,skb files are called skelmodels.. It's the skeleton of the model. You probably won't really need to play with these at all.

There are several of mods available out there for MOHAA. I recommend you download a few and look at how they were made and what they do. Try to understand how it works and why it works. If you don't understand something google is your friend. It's important to be able to take initiative on your own without having someone hold your hand through things. Now if you genuinely took time to research something and still couldn't figure it out, you can always ask questions on here and someone should be able to assist you.

When you request help, provide more info than just the question. Post the code you're working with, and tell us what you tried and where you're having problems. Be specific. If you don't give any information for us to work with then no one will be able to help you out and your posts will look like random spam because you're not giving us any information to work with.

Also, this patch that we're building is several years in the making. You won't find any help or guidance with any of this in a book. That is why there is so much work required to do what we've done. It's called reverse engineering and that's another part of programming.

Like I said, I'm not trying to discourage you from trying, but I think you have to understand and look at what you're asking a bit more realistically. The patch that we are working on has taken years of work. You need to read books and do stuff on your own. You need to go to school and learn this material.

Being a developer and a server admin are 2 different requests. This community is built to assist server admins. We do that bu providing them an all-in-one solution for MOHAA. That's what the patch does. It provides features added to the game to enhance the play, it fixes several issues in the game and engine and it protects against several cheats.

There aren't really any requirements for being a server admin. As long as you have the full version of the game, you're able to run a dedicated server. It also depends on your connection speed, but even if the connection isn't very good, you can run a LAn (Local area Network).

If you are interested in owning any high quality dedicated servers, I recommend you talk to heatsinkbod or own3mall.

I hope that answers your questions. Maybe one of the members would like to add on to what I said.

sorry james i am out i fill that nothing can make me happy i dont have a money for book and if i ask my dad he well say no dont do that i am love the patch wow you are not because you hate me and my school is not help me at all and i dont think there is a book ???????????????????
    Last edited by heshamzakaria; June 23rd, 2013 at 04:30 PM.

Ummm, did you even bother reading what I said above?