Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wrapper + getstatus problem

let me quickly rephrase the problem to check if I have understand. Your running the wrapper on the server. Your querying the server from an other location via xfire, and this sometimes work, sometimes not. But it works always when u disable the networking code, right ? Is also the sending from the wrapper to the java-app affected ? or does it working flawlessly ?
    Gamers Network - www.scapp.net

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

He's only sending stuff from his wrapper to his java app. He use "send" function in a thread that is working in a loop until he says that sending should stop (simple int/boolean flag).
    XFire have problems with querying mohaa server when wrapper is sending or even using networking code.

My thoughts are:
    1. Too high thread priority which cause another sockets to be busy, etc.
    2. He didn't use bind() which may help him, because as MSDN state, it should be used before send() and after WSAstartup()

hm, if he is not setting the thread priority explicitly somewhere my guess would be that it shouldn't matter, but its ofc worth a try.
    Havent looked at the code so far, but sounds to me more that the kernel has difficulties to assign the requests to the corresponding socket/thread correctly, so make sure that u are not sending on the same port as the request comes in and is it maybe that u have the issues only when u are starting xfire request from the same machine (ip) the java-app is running ? So you should check, where the source of the issues is, if its the client or the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso View Post
    The application I was talking about is a mohaa server admin tool written in Java. It's a server-sided application (or rather, service), planned to run 7/24 at a central location, managing multiple mohaa servers at once. It's connecting to the mohaa servers through RCON, and receiving data through the servers' log file. The wrapper I've written would allow the application to handle remote MOHAA servers too by forwarding the filtered log lines from mohaa to the java app (...reading mohaa log through FTP is sloooow...)
    It has some nice features like web-based and in-game command interface, web-based toplist and in-game top players panel, global ban list for all servers and local ban list for clans, voting, high ping kick, flooding kick, simple web-based chat, plus some basic but effective anti-cheat features.
    The prog was developed for my clan, first as a proof of concept, then to manage our servers. We've used it since 2008 on our 2 mohaa servers. It has gained some respect in my country over this period because it has a somewhat effective banning method and we've caught hundreds of cheaters with it. Now I'd like to make this a service, make it available to more clans who are interested in a global Hungarian ban list, because there are a lot of cheaters in this game and no built-in method in the game to ban players, kick flooding kids or high pings, etc. Also, lots of server admins don't use any tool (Autokick, CI) on their server at all, or running it only when they are playing - leaving the servers unprotected.
    That was the plan. Now I have an application (with source code of 1.3MB, 180 files, many months of development time) that is not able to work with remote servers because a wrapper (120KB source code in 6 files) is causing some mysterious problems in the mohaa server. Quite ironic, isn't it?

Funny thing is that Im working since some time on a similiar app which is also purposed to work in the admin's field and is for multi-clans, multi-servers and multi-games. So it seems we are competitors with this here somehow. ( I hope in a friendly manner, though)

And as you said it right the way with the logfile is kinda messy, so I also wanted to create an (universal) interface for the stuff (chat, stats) that are normally written to the logfile in the game itself.

http://www.modtheater.com/forum/show...&postcount=658

Seems you are already doing that what I intended to do

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I'd try to use bind() before using new opened socket. This can help with the issue that Joto is thinking of. If it's the cause, then bind() should help.

yep Razo is right

Thanks for the replies, I'll see what I can do with the thread priority, local port and bind() ideas.
    Has anyone tried to reproduce the problem with the attached wrapper binaries yet? Xfire and mohaa server can be on different machines, does not affect the result.

JoTo: great to hear you are working on something similar. Maybe we could share our experience in a closed forum area. I'm interested to hear your solution for sending data from a mohaa script to the wrapper efficiently (not via cvars), as the scripting engine's logging (printf, dprintf) does not seem to go through the wrapper's logging functions. I could come up with a quite messy workaround, but maybe there's a better one.
    My app is private at the moment, and I only intend to run it for a few Hungarian clans, so it's not really a competitor of yours

Yes that is great idea, would really love to do, but will have to get prepared next days first though.