Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wrapper + getstatus problem

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I can't unpack it. There is an error. Can you repack it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso View Post
    JoTo: Yes, I know they are busy with the patch. Still, I have to ask one of them because I don't know anyone else, and a lot of people (players, server admins in my country) are waiting impatiently for this, too. I know, not as many as are waiting for the patch
    np. Hm, you make me curious, what is it what u are working on, whats the purpose of the tool ?
    yep, the archiv is indeed broken.
    Gamers Network - www.scapp.net

You can download the repacked&reuploaded version of tommaso's wrapper HERE.

The application I was talking about is a mohaa server admin tool written in Java. It's a server-sided application (or rather, service), planned to run 7/24 at a central location, managing multiple mohaa servers at once. It's connecting to the mohaa servers through RCON, and receiving data through the servers' log file. The wrapper I've written would allow the application to handle remote MOHAA servers too by forwarding the filtered log lines from mohaa to the java app (...reading mohaa log through FTP is sloooow...)
    It has some nice features like web-based and in-game command interface, web-based toplist and in-game top players panel, global ban list for all servers and local ban list for clans, voting, high ping kick, flooding kick, simple web-based chat, plus some basic but effective anti-cheat features.
    The prog was developed for my clan, first as a proof of concept, then to manage our servers. We've used it since 2008 on our 2 mohaa servers. It has gained some respect in my country over this period because it has a somewhat effective banning method and we've caught hundreds of cheaters with it. Now I'd like to make this a service, make it available to more clans who are interested in a global Hungarian ban list, because there are a lot of cheaters in this game and no built-in method in the game to ban players, kick flooding kids or high pings, etc. Also, lots of server admins don't use any tool (Autokick, CI) on their server at all, or running it only when they are playing - leaving the servers unprotected.
    That was the plan. Now I have an application (with source code of 1.3MB, 180 files, many months of development time) that is not able to work with remote servers because a wrapper (120KB source code in 6 files) is causing some mysterious problems in the mohaa server. Quite ironic, isn't it?

How often are you sending query to RCon?

Hi!

The mohaa server port (12203 by default) is handling queries AND rcon commands, but only rcon commands are flood protected in the Q3 engine (500ms min. interval between rcon commands), not the server query packets that xfire sends.
    Also, I've patched the binaries more than a year ago (see here: http://aluigi.altervista.org/patches/q3rconz.lpatch) to remove the 500ms limitation. It should not cause any problem - at least it has been working perfectly without the wrapper.
    I'm not sending queries by the way, just rcon commands, and this whole problem is reproductible even without my java application. You only need to install the wrapper, and enable it, the app is not even trying to send rcon commands yet, still server status queries sometimes time out in xfire.
    Last edited by Tommaso; June 1st, 2010 at 04:00 PM.

Also, are you sending query from your Java app or wrapper or both?

EDIT:

I mean, I assume you get info from RCon by sending query. Right?

Please try this without the app. I think you can also reproduce the problem if you enter an invalid address into the server_manager cvar. So my app is completely eliminated from the equation, it's only a mohaa+wrapper issue. Oh and thanks for the response.

quick question ahead: you have this issue with both linux and windows server ?
    Gamers Network - www.scapp.net

Forget about my prev question.

Well, it seems to me that it should work.
    Try to set lower priority for thread.

Also try to use bind().

From MSDN:
    Code:
    The bind function is required before the use of the send or WSASend functions which do not perform an implicit bind and are allowed only on connected sockets, which means the socket must have already been bound for it to be connected.
    I didn't see it being used in your code and you make use of "send" function.