Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Rig bench Marks

Quote Originally Posted by JoTo View Post
    Have put my memory into dual channel mode now lol.
    So updated speed is now:
    8186 MB System RAM (Score: 154)
    - RAM Speed: 3585 MB/s

Not that much more, but for free its ok. I guess yours is alot faster due to newer chipset and 1600 mhz ram (mine is 1333).
    Overall Im happy with my system, is good enough to play all games with max settings and decent fps, except for crysis 3 but I heard to play it maxed you need anyway 3x gtx 680 cards.

Which hdd you have in your system Jon ?

-------------
    Wheres the Intel gang btw ?
    Yeh thats the point Joto !! - I cant compete on cost with some spec you see on these bench marks on the NET !! and this is the first upgrade ~ I done in a long time but learnt so much from you all and now in my 16 day exchange period LOL

Think this card I got is great but think its below par on performance to cost ratio for some of the other extra's I got could have spent more wisely............

I did up ending up going for this Joto on HDD http://www.ebuyer.com/321969-seagate...shd-st750lx003
    Windows boots quick not sure why my score low on that - not done anything with it was plug and play so hope I misses some settings

Nice spec James this a laptop ?

Can only say Im happy with my Zotac card, its not loud, no issues yet, 5 years warranty and with mine free Assassin Brotherhood came with. Not playing that game regularly but was definatly a jaw dropper playing it in 3D mode, and if not needed can give away or make someone else happy with.
    The 650 Amp will be more or less same scope as mine, the 650 Ti is a bit faster (maybe 5-10%). There are other good brands aswell in the same price region: evga, msi, asus etc.

Great link to that novabench test software btw, I will utilize that, since my own benchmark attempts failed somehow.

Well try'd a few others - think I last used http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html but they seem to have flocked around and although a great PC stats tool looks like they dropped pc bench marks ? it was defo their 6 months a go but could not find stats now ? just me ?

If their is a better quick open benchmark please post this was first I was happy with as in no shit

it's my desktop, but the hardware is kinda old still. I just put the hardware together recently, but I bought it probably 5-6 years ago haha. The reason It took so long is aside from not having the time, I kept running into stupid problems.
    mobo was bad, cpu was bad, gfx card fried and my initial setup was supposed to be water cooled. I got custom water blocks for my mobo that are compatible, but somewhere it's shorting out my system. I couldn't be bothered in figuring out where it was shorting out so I ditched my watercooling setup and went stock air.

I have a i7 920 COU clocked @ 3.2Ghz
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2 mobo
    6Gb Corsaid DDR3 Dominator memory
    750 watt PSU
    NVidia 650 GTx card
    and a Revo Drive x2 <-- much more disappointing than anticipated. It's a SSD that runs through PCI-E (Should have read\write speeds of 750\720mb\s), but I found out that Windows doesn't run it properly because it's not optimized for it so it only operates at maybe half it's actual potential. I heard it would work flawlessly in Unix platforms since they are optimized for that kind of hardware, so I am considering in selling it, but for now I'm just running it as my primary SSD.

My macbook score is 789.

Ok working on this hybrid disk but its lookin shite lol no instructions as it was oem but not seeing why its sooo slow on bench checking bios now..............

Quote Originally Posted by heatsinkbod View Post
    Ok working on this hybrid disk but its lookin shite lol no instructions as it was oem but not seeing why its sooo slow on bench checking bios now..............
    God Knows with this but looks look I get this wrong as cant get anything else out of it but it read well lol http://www.storagereview.com/seagate...t_750gb_review

I only know these other decent benchmark suite, Sisoft Sandra and 3dmark. Double check your hdd with sisoft sandra if results are same.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    it's my desktop, but the hardware is kinda old still. I just put the hardware together recently, but I bought it probably 5-6 years ago haha. The reason It took so long is aside from not having the time, I kept running into stupid problems.
    mobo was bad, cpu was bad, gfx card fried and my initial setup was supposed to be water cooled. I got custom water blocks for my mobo that are compatible, but somewhere it's shorting out my system. I couldn't be bothered in figuring out where it was shorting out so I ditched my watercooling setup and went stock air.

I have a i7 920 COU clocked @ 3.2Ghz
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2 mobo
    6Gb Corsaid DDR3 Dominator memory
    750 watt PSU
    NVidia 650 GTx card
    and a Revo Drive x2 <-- much more disappointing than anticipated. It's a SSD that runs through PCI-E (Should have read\write speeds of 750\720mb\s), but I found out that Windows doesn't run it properly because it's not optimized for it so it only operates at maybe half it's actual potential. I heard it would work flawlessly in Unix platforms since they are optimized for that kind of hardware, so I am considering in selling it, but for now I'm just running it as my primary SSD.

My macbook score is 789.

Well its pulling the punches great spec

Its bloody hard so much choice now a days - I am happy with what I got but still trying to get back up to speed but even now can see where I got it so wrong on some parts still getting my head round it LMAO but enjoyed was WELL rusty on modern spec but having research'd it all of it so much still some bad choices - my read well but still getting my head round it need more wine