Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Download

lol, this isn't the full source code, it's a wrapper,
    you should rename the original "fgameded.so" to "fgamededmohaa.so" and place your compiled file in the same location,
    remember it is a wrapper in a beta stage, no stable wrappers were ever published, it might not work (in a good way) for linux. even not for sh lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    lol, this isn't the full source code, it's a wrapper,
    you should rename the original "fgameded.so" to "fgamededmohaa.so" and place your compiled file in the same location,
    remember it is a wrapper in a beta stage, no stable wrappers were ever published, it might not work (in a good way) for linux. even not for sh lol.
    Yeah, its just to test if it would work on ARM architecture.
    Where can i find the full source code?

of what? mohaa never got to be open source lol.

If the full source code existed, then reborn wouldn't have had to be done. :P
    Unfortunately a wrapper is just a base that you would use. There is no "full source" available. Honestly at this point, your best option would be to look at Open MOHAA, but the source is altered to use the Quake3 source code.

Yeah but how do you gusy compile it then?
    So i can't compile a basic server?

nope only wrappers, including reborn's one, I still don't know why didn't razor provide the most stable wrapper that is reborn running with :/

Unfortunately that's a mystery till RR comes back one day...
    We compile it using Visual Studios. Atleast that's what I use. I believe Leyok wrote a tutorial on here a while back explaining how to compile through *nix... The issue with *nix is that there are so many different "flavors" of the OS and they have different libraries so you'll have to play around with it a bit. Basically what we do is reverse engineer the gaming engine. In other words, we open up the binary in an application like ollydbg or IDA. Then we go through and create detours in the code to call out to the function as we need. Ideally, if we had the full source code to our disposal we wouldn't need the "hackish" ways of calling the functions via detours, but since that's not the case we basically had to rewrite it so that we can call the functions we have appropriately.

I mentioned this before, but I'll say it once more on here... The reason that SH, and BT are more difficult to reverse is because we (the mohaa community) lucked out with MOHAA. I say that because when Icculus was working on porting the original game to *nix, he accidentally released the binary with all the exports. This made it much easier to reverse engineer the game. When he ported SH and BT, he didn't release the exports so even though the game isn't much different, the functions could still have slight changes which would throw the structure off.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Unfortunately that's a mystery till RR comes back one day...
    We compile it using Visual Studios. Atleast that's what I use. I believe Leyok wrote a tutorial on here a while back explaining how to compile through *nix... The issue with *nix is that there are so many different "flavors" of the OS and they have different libraries so you'll have to play around with it a bit. Basically what we do is reverse engineer the gaming engine. In other words, we open up the binary in an application like ollydbg or IDA. Then we go through and create detours in the code to call out to the function as we need. Ideally, if we had the full source code to our disposal we wouldn't need the "hackish" ways of calling the functions via detours, but since that's not the case we basically had to rewrite it so that we can call the functions we have appropriately.

I mentioned this before, but I'll say it once more on here... The reason that SH, and BT are more difficult to reverse is because we (the mohaa community) lucked out with MOHAA. I say that because when Icculus was working on porting the original game to *nix, he accidentally released the binary with all the exports. This made it much easier to reverse engineer the game. When he ported SH and BT, he didn't release the exports so even though the game isn't much different, the functions could still have slight changes which would throw the structure off.
    Yes, we all know this last one. I don't want to run specific SH on linux.
    AA would also be good, i just want to port it to ARM.

The basic wrapper is working, it's just the mohaa_lnxded that i also need to compile on ARM and for that i need the source ofcourse.

This wrapper source should be multi-platform compatible.

Here are some instructions I hope you find helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    Here's a compile How-To:
    You will need include files and libraries for OpenAL, SDL and libmad:
    =====
    SDL
    http://www.libsdl.org/ download Source code, compile
    =====
    OpenAL
    http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/default.aspx download OpenAL soft source
    download CMake at http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
    run cmake on OpenAL, compile
    =====
    LibMAD
    http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/ download source code, compile
    =====
    MSVC solution files are in misc/msvc/ (VC9) and misc/msvc10 (VC10)

Open .sln file, set include and library directories for your SDL, OpenAL and LibMAD
    COMPILE!
    Quote Originally Posted by ley0k

Required tools for NIX (I used Ubuntu x86 in this case) :
    Eclipse. (run sudo apt-get install default-jre if you cannot launche Eclipse).
    OpenGL: sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa-dev freeglut3-dev mesa-common-dev
    OpenAL: sudo apt-get install libopenal1 libopenal-dev
    ALUT: sudo apt-get install libalut0 libalut-dev
    Opening projects using NIX :
    When starting Eclipse, set the workspace path to misc/nix and then when importing using an existing workspace, set the path to misc/nix.
    All projects should appear and you should be able to compile them.
    NOTE: If OpenMoHAA fails on loading a library, rename the specific built library to the requested one. For example it may ask you for gamex86opm.so, rename fgameded.so to gamex86opm.so.

you cannot compile mohaa_lnxded. There is no source code.

End of.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast