Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reborn Client / MOHAAC / MMDL

Quote Originally Posted by Elgan View Post
    Solution! - Peer to Peer

MOHAA has a separate dir "maps n mods" Then mods from it are copied back and forth to work.

The server has the mods too; Then when connecting, download from the server, and the other players in map load :P!
    yey
    I am not so sure about the game server hosting the files although I agree is more simple and straight forward but in practice..............

With the current Reborn Client the download speed is limited by the game so we saw slow download many host companies have their own setup and limits downloads, also possible lag on poor servers with poor network and so on.

What is good with the Reborn Client the admin can choose in game or http - I guess a enhancement would be check HTTP link no map or not available host from server so you get a hybrid

Banned

its not after a while, it may initially, but as players generate a map database on their systems (shh), ...we download from each client !

its not after a while, it may initially, but as players generate a map database on their systems (shh), ...we download from each client !
    yeh but then me have a crap internet so I end up with - lag - but yeh see the concept

Pando Media Booster does this: http://www.pandonetworks.com Dont think its in the list of affordable products though

Regarding the aaaa map database, If the database will be common used for downloads your traffic will raise significantly and have an impact on the gameservers running on your dedi.
    Remember theres only a single network stack all traffic is routed through, everyone with slow inet downloading youtube hd video and trying to game will confirm that ping goes through the roof.
    More traffic won't be good and leave your server owners unhappy and it may happen that the base of aaaa will break away.

Soooooooo, recently checked my stuff and noticed I still have an unsed server which I was about to give back, but ...... seeing this map serving need now I would like to sponsor this server on behalf of that.

It would allow map downloads with high speed in no time and also possible allow to serve other community stuff like e.g. mohaa teamspeak server and should have enough resources to add more if things needed. The server has currently 20GB space but I should be able to raise it to 50GB.

What I would ask for in turn is a separate donate button and a "sponsored by scapp.net" for this matter though. (fyi: server is 120Euro/year)

Server is high quality with protection and alot of extra stuff. Only disadvantage is, server is linux, well some will see this as an advantage, but I definatly dont belong to this group haha . Server is currently running fresh opensuse 12.1 but can be changed to other nixes

I won't have time to help with setup (except getting a teamspeak licence) so best bet is to recruit someone with the linux knowledge getting his hands dirty (own3mall ? someone else ?)

server specs translated: http://translate.google.de/translate...rdernow%3Dtrue

orginal: http://hosting.1und1.de/VirtualServe...&ordernow=true
    Gamers Network - www.scapp.net

Quote Originally Posted by JoTo View Post
    Regarding the aaaa map database, If the database will be common used for downloads your traffic will raise significantly and have an impact on the gameservers running on your dedi.
    Remember theres only a single network stack all traffic is routed through, everyone with slow inet downloading youtube hd video and trying to game will confirm that ping goes through the roof.
    More traffic won't be good and leave your server owners unhappy and it may happen that the base of aaaa will break away.

Soooooooo, recently checked my stuff and noticed I still have an unsed server which I was about to give back, but ...... seeing this map serving need now I would like to sponsor this server on behalf of that.

It would allow map downloads with high speed in no time and also possible allow to serve other community stuff like e.g. mohaa teamspeak server and should have enough resources to add more if things needed. The server has currently 20GB space but I should be able to raise it to 50GB.

What I would ask for in turn is a separate donate button and a "sponsored by scapp.net" for this matter though. (fyi: server is 120Euro/year)

Server is high quality with protection and alot of extra stuff. Only disadvantage is, server is linux, well some will see this as an advantage, but I definatly dont belong to this group haha . Server is currently running fresh opensuse 12.1 but can be changed to other nixes

I won't have time to help with setup (except getting a teamspeak licence) so best bet is to recruit someone with the linux knowledge getting his hands dirty (own3mall ? someone else ?)

server specs translated: http://translate.google.de/translate...rdernow%3Dtrue

orginal: http://hosting.1und1.de/VirtualServe...&ordernow=true
    Hi Joto this is good but again another server with costs and run by you and you may disappear into the world of LOL and I may even disapear into the world of LOL or may be more space invaders as no cheats on their just alien scum

no joking aside we need a backup mirror but also have my own hardware costs to cover and also as above will we both be around in a few years - I hope so LOL - Is this the best route to go then great but I think we need to do this cloud - as in I dont wont the core to be some database on a host like AAAA or SCAPP only to vanish - so yeh happy to mirror but dont want to increase costs that are not supported by others and also no point making a cloud solution if that wont be around or going to cost so think we need to look at all options

Do appreciate your thoughts on this Joto and as I said on TMT we need to do this to resolve single point of failure

Banned

there is onyl 3

1. a database on 1 or two servers, connect via cvar blah...lots of traffic and badnwidth (less life..depending on server life, heavy use )
    2. peer to peer between clients (with network speed detection), server and a databse server = tiny bits from all. harder to make but fastest map downloading / lowest bandwidth and cool! (lots of life, low maintenance)
    3. several servers / cloud server peers where you download bits from each, or spread the load depending on their monthly use and distance. (hjigh maintenance , lots of life)
    4. direct from game server (lots of life
    5. Play short adverts during the download and generate server funding.
    6. map database is via a domain which can change to any server in the future. The single domain will be easy to fund and keep going.
    8. Users can download a map for their server and must provide a host for their server...they front the cost and place to download, can be rapidshare type, or anywhere..google drive even...
    then they must setup the links for their server config.

Bloody hell Elgan - yes

But been here before lots of interest and then NO solution hence why I did AAAA on my own limited skill set with support from others..........

Now full circle again but at least we got the database up and running and now in use !! by others but sadly not Reborn......

I get frustrated because we dont deliver and I have limited ability but who am I to shout and whine when I feel disfunctional
    Now we look at this again and every one wants to start again yeh cool bring it on but has to be delivered - which does not happen - Own3mall / Joto / Razor and others - spent so much time on this project - none of us worked together on a single agreed project !!

Hence why I went off on one and did the AAAA Database

Not another unifinished Project.......

For Me have no time been their done that got a working solution now just trying to get it more resilient

I say that because here this thread http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...ght=scapp+maps This thread from 2010 It never happend hence why I did what I could in a Dysfunctional (- had to look that word up lol should have just put shite -) way but best we could but its working now looking to improve but no good all these big idea's that dont happen so kind of need quick solution to improve support.......................
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; May 6th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Banned

what would you like for it to be improved?

what would you like for it to be improved?
    Yes

But will we see it

Now your here can I talk about 15 mods you released in the last ten years because we still using them