Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spectator Bug Freeze tag

Def keep me informed. Thanks for doing all the process of elimination. Have you tried the patch without any pk3's (aside from the one in the patch)? Try without any mods and then try with just the std maps and see if it works. Then if everything works put the custom maps back in and test. If the issue is reoccurring please upload or link me to the mod so that I can look at it. This is not a distraction for me and it certainly requires to be fixed because it's effecting several users so don't feel like you're taking me away from anything. Our job is to optimize the patch to make it work as flawlessly as possible.

i ran this mod with std maps and still same issue, i started eliminating pk3's one by one, what i noticed though is if your the person in spec standing on the players back, and he goes and thaws ur body, you come back right there, it doesnt spawn you back in your area, just were you died at only as long as your the one on the persons back specing. does voy run any custom skins or anything?, also what version of mefys mod is he using, is it for linux or windows, i havent tested this on windows based yet, will be doing that within the next few days hopefully

Default maybe this can help

heres the stock map ft mod, hope this helps,
    user-mefy-extgametypes-1_2_2-STOCKMAPS.pk3

ok correction, it doest seem to always spawn player where they were frozen, seems to be more random when it does it.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

It's not really connected to problem described here. We talk about patch vs. mod bug here, not mod bug.

dax, maybe =voy= is running older version of FT or something?

PM to him and ask him for his FT mod and check it on your server. Also, maybe try to compare server settings with his.

hi guys ....
    i shall get in touch with Voy and do as you suggest ,thanks
    dax.

Default re freezetag spec bug .....

hi all ...
    ok ,i tried Voys mefy stock maps on our server ....totaly std setup no mods other than the mefy mod and ckr 1.1.... STILL got a problem ....so unless our server config's are stuffing it up, cant see what else i can try !!!!!!!
    Dax.

try recreating the config and see how it goes. I believe a few people have uploaded theres on here.

Default update......

hi all .....
    ok have now tried voys mefy mod & voys server.cfg and it is still makeing spec bug !!!!!
    got a name for it too .....monkey on your back .....lol
    also tried a fresh download of the mefy mod (stock)with Voys cfg still happens
    short of wipeing all files on the server, cant see what else i can try now .
    perhaps i shall switch to freefloat spec instead of bodies spec ....see if that throws anything up !!!!!
    but i think the problem only shows up when more than one person specs the same player...
    Dave.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dax View Post
    but i think the problem only shows up when more than one person specs the same player...
    Dave.
    Well, this can be an issue. I didn't tested this possibility. Can you check it/test it further?