Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectator Bug Freeze tag

hi razor....
    i have set up to try out .....will test tonight and let you know the outcome......thanks, Dax.

You can still see avatars thru walls and frozen players on ft .

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Yes, we know this.

the avatars are only on same teams though right? Not on opposing teams?

you also mentioned that STWH isn't working properly...

Yes i will make few SS and place link here.

hi guys .....
    tried the new setup ....with std maps and custom maps in one mefy mod pk3 + admin pro 1.1 ....otherwise std default game ,still getting spec player models on the back of
    specced player ....happens in std maps and custom maps ....as that is the way the rotation is set up,3 std maps ,2 custom ,2 std,2 custom ...and so on ,15 maps in all.
    my friend Voy says he does not have the problem ,as he only uses std maps this may be why .
    i shall set up for just std maps test ....then do one with just custom maps ,to see if its a conflict in the mods type .
    i got some screenshots with the full player model showing this time ,you can see them here :http://www.aaaa.gamingdeluxe.net/AAAA/downloads/COH/

Just thought of this, but I think it may have something to do with the global\dm_precache.scr file.
    Would you mind uploading the mod on here so we can take a look at it? So this mod works with stock maps, but not custom maps correct? I just want to make sure I understand it correctly. I will do some research with this tomorrow if you upload it here. Thanks!

I have mentioned this b4:

If I try this settings via server.cfg,spectator bug issue seems to go away......

set sv_antiwh "0"

sv_antistwh "0"

Not sure if its either both or one of them sort of fixed it....

yeah I saw that post, but I don't see how it can possibly conflict with the mod especially if it works fine in stock maps. There has to be something else that just makes this coincidental because we're not doing anything with models so I don't see why that glitch would occur. This is why I would like to take a look at the mod first hand and see if I can trace to the root of the issue. I suppose if the issue is actually caused from the patch then we'll have to figure out why it's only happening in custom maps.

hi James....
    the problem occurs on std maps and custom maps on our server ...what i was saying, is we had both pk3's on the server ,as we run a combination of std and custom maps .
    while my friend Voy ,does not have the problem on his server ...but he has only the stock maps on his server .
    just trying ,by process of elimination ,to narrow it down.
    things i have tried ...
    removed all mods with the exeption of the 2 mefy's (stock and custom)still see the problem !
    combined the stock maps into the custom map pk3 ...still see the problem
    tried switching off stwh still see the problem .......
    i shall keep working to find out why it is happening on our server .... i think the next thing will be to try just the stock maps ,but i shall get a fresh copy of mefys
    and see if that helps any......please dont let this distract you from the important work you guys are doing , its only a minor problem .
    Dave.