Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New PC time

Ok starting to make some savings so from advice insted of getting two hdd's was looking at getting 2 of these
    http://www.ebuyer.com/321969-seagate...oem-st750lx003

SSD to expensive but these seem to give the extra performance from SSD and bulk cheap storage - anyone got a hybrid ??

This put me up to £588 but thats with out me sourcing the list from multi companies which I wll be doing so would be able to get cost down again - also have gone for a matching pair instead of mixing to allow me to choose if I raid and so on.........

My better half has now told me I am no longer able to give her stick when shopping together as I have been in more online shops than she every has and apparently I will end up going back to the first shop I saw what I liked lol
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; April 29th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Ok tell me what to do lol - I should by this case as its sexy and comes with a PSU

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CIT-OR...item3ccdcec30e

This comes in at £50.30 and free P+P and a 650w sata PSU

CIT seem to be a big outfit (I also never heard of them ) and reviews good and BAD more for the PSU side wanted to make sure was good manufacture but as I am over specing on PSU and could get away with 500w I am thinking I wont be stressing it and TBH have had PSU failures from major brands also so kind of dont see the point in paying extra for a named brand when also seen bad issues so know its a risk but its like a car crash sometimes have a bad crash all ok another its a right off - Have had a psu blow and take out mobo and CPU also had a PSU blow and no damage to any components both were same brand

~But my heart still with this -:

Which comes in at £49.99 NO PSU so woud be looking at another £35 on top for PSU

So can some one tell me off and say the first choice is the way to go - Just spent 2 hours on Ebay and cant better that first link

Am still searching on the other selected components but yeh Overclockers.co.uk is winning a few items so many thanks for the tip on that !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; April 29th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.

I would say do what makes you happy man. I think all of the info people provided is useful, but it comes down to personal preference and what you're happy with. When it comes to cases, I prefer something simple, easy to work with and good air flow. You don't want a small case that's difficult to work with and then has everything scrunched up in there.

The one thing I'm noticing about the case above, is that it's a micro ATX and that worries me. The term "micro" makes it seem like it may be troubling to work with after you stuff all the computer parts in. That's just me. I would get a standard ATX case. Once again though it comes down to personal preference. I think a great case is the Antec 900. It's simple, but looks nice and it has a huge fan in there too.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129021

The SSHD is an interesting pick. I never considered it and never really looked into it until you mentioned it. After reading about it a bit, it seems like an interesting choice. I'd be curious to see how it works out for you, but seagate is a good brand so you should be pretty happy with it.

Thanks James - Well agree on the Case its personal choice but as Joto picked in his example was nice clean tower and some things to be said about fancy lights draining PSU power and costing more BUT its like a car you buy what you like in design and style and then pick the engine specs

So was trying to be good and not get carried away on design and pick good high spec components but also I am competing with my sons one already bought / xmas present last xmas so he is leading the pack and he did get a sexy case and g8 spec PC so Dad is now striking back and spending what he got so I cant go over budget as he will use that against me lol but also my other son also watching what I am upto as he is also now specing spec and cost and I am keeping that SSD hybrid under my belt lol

Need to read more about it on how it works out which data is best SSD does it does it do it auto and move core os data dont know will look into it more......... but cost ratio I could get a small 60gb SSD for OS and then a 1tb disk but kind of dont want to get into the position of installing shit and having to pick the default drive other than default C drive it just makes recovey / backup more complicated as you end up with windows having a load of shite on the SSD under registry and then your core program off on another drive all well and good until you try to recovery from a blue screen crash

Like that case dude would need to find uk supplier but do like that but also my cheap effort has a bit of alienware design I got to impress the kids lol )

Just messing with the case but also concentrating on the guts that count so will research the hybrid a bit more on storage and then Will also have to star again and cross check MOBO against support for SSD as they seem to flag them as Sata III but expect the data transfer to be quicker so need to check chipsets also on SSD so again round in circles..........

mm yeh see what you mean on the micro side but also looked at the new desktop cube designs couldnt work out if ATX would fit them - as for ATX and micro ATX for the most part so much space on both the worst case is you loose slots for HDD's and DVD's and so on but have looked into that and in this case the internal and external slots are good BUT at this stage I need to RECHECK may MOBO coice as it may not fit in this case so yeh is a major issue.............
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; April 29th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.

Flock !!! thought you busted that case lol ) it supports both Micro ATX and ATX ) but thanks when I read the spec on the case thought I had messed up its a full size midi case that supports both formats

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CIT-OR...item3ccdcec30e

BUT this goes to show how careful I need to be on the spec )

Ok So I got to go with that case unless some one can find me a sex case with a 500+ PSU I got to go with cost and this CIT outfit have as many bad reviews as they do good and much the same can be said for many big brands -this is not about the case but the PSU - If its shit then I should go with my first case option where I buy the case I like first and buy a good PSU - but search any good known PSU and you will find bad stories and reviews I am not seeing this CIT as shite just budget but IF I bought I company branded PC Packagage they dont even tell you the PSU maker so you wouldnt know what PSU you had other than wattage - Even DELL its not their PSU for all you know its CIT with a Dell sticker thats the EU market
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; April 29th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.

Opps budget busted now to talk my better half round

Total now £699 Ow
    Last edited by heatsinkbod; April 30th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

All my bits come for PC build in progress

- BUT OMFG I ordered the wrong PSU The CPU power connector which is normally 4 pin or 8 Pin on my mobo its 8 pin this PSU I got has only 6 pin's WTF

Ordered a replacement yesterday hope it comes today gutted

double check ...that ssounds like graphics power connector !
    =COH=Ubersoldier/Dax
    mess with the best ,die like the rest !!!

Tip: Save the psu and connect pc to a bike or treadmill. Is healthy and makes gaming more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by JoTo View Post
    Tip: Save the psu and connect pc to a bike or treadmill. Is healthy and makes gaming more realistic
    Sod the green I want my PC powered up now lol

Cheers Dave............

Well screw me over just checked my tracking on delivery and because I ordered late and its bloody Saturday they said I wont get it till Monday...........

I think the guy on the phone I spoke to now has bleeding ears from my RANT lol

Well did some googling on my motherboard - Turns out yep it needs 8 pins but will run on a standard 4 pin - Well It would now power up on the 6 pin but Gigabyte said Mobo will run fine on 4 pins just dont overclock............. (still none the wiser on this 6 pin crap maybe your right Dave)

Anyway just installed the PSU I first had as it did have a standard 4 Pin CPU and it lives its a live

Will replace the PSU on Monday when I get the new one

Now installing Windows 7 - so looking forward to all the patch updates...............